Consumer PC Grow Box - First Time Grower

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 5pacegh0st, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

I've been lurking forums for a while and finally decided to start my own grow. Due to not having the time to build a PC box of my own, I went ahead and dropped some dough on this http://pcgrowcase.com/hydroponic-grow-boxes/10-pc-.... If you don't feel like clicking the link I'll give a description of the box and what it includes:

Dimensions are 26.5" H x 8" W x 19" L
    Comes with:
    *Built in Carbon filter
    *Four 26w 2400k CFL bulbs (Flowering)
    *Four 26w 6500k bulbs (Veg)
    *CFL Bulb Adapters
    *Three built in ventilation Fans
    *Lock and Key
    *Mylar Insulated Interior
    *Light Timer
    *Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
    *2 Square Soil Containers
    *Humboldt Grow + Bloom Nutrients
    + paid extra for a LST shelf
    (Pictures below)
    IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG

I bought some Northern Lights and currently have a seedling that is about 4 days old (sprouted 11/21). Things seem fine so far. I'm watering according to the needs of the plant. I will continue to update at regular intervals. I am interested in SCROGing this plant, although I'm not sure how to go about it with this particular shelf & setup (all the guides are using different setups). All advice is appreciated and much needed.

IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG

Thanks!

P.S. I had a question about the brown coloring on the seedling's leaf in the picture. Is that nute burn or just dried dirt? All she has had is water so far. I don't really want to risk trying to rub it off. Thoughts?

2. I'm pretty sure it's a part of the seed don't worry bout it

3. Thanks! She is continuing to grow and looks fine so far, so I think you are right.

4. only comment other than keep it up... Scrog you may be able to run some small rope or twine and make that shelf a net

5. Thanks Jailbait, I'll have to try that.

I germinated another seed a couple days ago, and it finally sprouted a taproot. I planted it just now. Hoping to double my chance of success!

Pictures:
    Day 5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just realized that I did not fill the the first pots soil to the top. Will this cause any issues? Could I add soil to the pot in the future?

[​IMG]

6. Looks good. You can add soil but wait until it has established a good root structure first. Happy growing!

7. Thanks TaDow!

I'll post some more pictures in a few days when there is a little more change and/or when the new seed sprouts.

For now, I do have a couple of questions regarding nutrients. I read somewhere that since I started with Fox Farm Ocean Forest that I should wait until around 2 weeks before I start feeding the plant. The problem I am having is that the instructions on the back of the Humboldt Grow is for hydro setups. Is there some kind of guide for converting these instructions into something applicable to soil grows? Additionally, so far I have been watering by misting with a spray bottle. When should I begin to soak the soil until I see runoff?

Thanks!

8. Quick update guys. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving.

Plant #1 is looking good.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]As you can see above, one of the cotyledons on the second plant is underdeveloped. Will this cause any issues for future growth?

Thanks.

9. Another update. What's good everyone?

Week 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you guys know if now would be the best time to put the LST shelf over the plant, or should I wait until it starts to get taller?

10. Id wait until you have a few more nodes. To start the training. That's just me tho.

11. How are your babies doing? Are they growing well? How do you like the box? Have you been lsting, topping or fimming them?