COnstructing a hydro Grow cab for Hashberry

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by smash, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ok i'm still very new to the growing scene, and i hope to start my first grow soon.
    i only want to grow one plant, and i'm using the strain hashberry from http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?recnumber=1031

if anyone has smoked or grown this strain before......is it good and is it hard to grow?

i want to construct a hydroponic grow cab but i need some help and advice

1. is this cab big enough to grow with? since i'm only going to be growing 1 to 2 plants at a time is it possible to just use this one cab and then change the lighting and watering conditions when its time to flower, instead of getting 2 cabs? http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=575640&D=2%20Storage%20Cabinet&No=10&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntt=Storage%20Cabinet&N=100000&uniqueSearchFlag=true&y=15&x=48&Nr=100000&Ntk=all&An=text

2. should i go with 150 hps or 250? and can u veg with hps light too?

3. what modifications and parts will i need to get my resevoir going inside the cab to make it a hydro set up? and would it be more efficent to use buckets or a large tray with planter stones? and what would be the best hydro method for this cab?

4. odor will be a major issue, to stop the smell from leaking outside or throughout the house.

5. i have no idea of what type of ventalation i need. i know i'll be running my air conditioner in the room the cab is in to keep it cold so it'll hopfully turn purple, but i still dont know what fans or exhaust i should be using.

if you guys could point me in the right direction and show me how i can set this up it would be greatly appreicated. any drawings or list of products will be a great help. thanks in advace.

2. 1. That cab is definitly big enough. You wont even need to change lighting and whatnot because since u are only growing 1-2 plants u can just split the cab in half with some plywood.

2. Thats a pretty large cab, get the 250W. Yes you can, but i would get both MH and HPS. Used ones really arent that expensive.

3. I mean...id do buckets if its only 1-2 plants

4. Carbon filter, use a couple if u want no smell...they are easy to make.

5. Some computer fans work for good exhause to suck air. And all you need in some passive intake wholes in the back or bottom to get some air sucked in.

Check around the site...theres lots of different set ups

3. hey thanks for the reply,
    i've been reading alot and looking at different set ups, and have learned alot. but i still havn't seen sombody use a cab and do hydro...they usually do soil.

if i do use buckets will i ever have to do a transplant? or should i just get some big ass buckets from the start lol?

and is seprating the cab even nesscary? i know that it would be cool cause i can have my mother or clone in constant veg and one budding. but i'm really just hoping to harvest atleast like 6 to 8 ounces and then be done for long time. but if i did decide to grow more and seperate the cab in half,, would that be enought space for maybe 3 diff strains to grow?

4. Id still get the two lights for both the stages, but using one is fine too. I am about to do hydro in a cab myself, but I'm still learning too. Theres a massive amount of ways to make a hydro set up, so theres not one straight answer. Starting off in a big pot is fine, as long as the small roots are getting nutrients. Also transferring isnt a problem either...since hydros dont become root-bound it makes it pretty easy.

5. yeah i'm kinda considering seperating them. what strains are you going to grow? or do you know yet?

6. Any kind of cuttings i can get from some buddys of mine...I dont feel like starting from seed...