Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Austin1289, Oct 3, 2014.

Just google the study?

2. Mutations and various strains of influenza.

I know you know the answer, you'd just rather find a way to attack vaccines as if modern medicine ever claims they're fully effective. Effective fallacy, attack a false claim. Especially when dealing with a tricky and dangerous virus like influenza with its rapidly mutating protein groups

3. #43 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    Alright guess I'll have to wait until I'm on a desktop, thanks anyways. Was just asking what I was supposed to "check". There was no information in that article besides it saying a study was conducted

I don't see anything on it right off the bat. Not quite interested enough in it myself to look.

I know people aren't saying vaccines will eradicate the flu, it was a joke. Why even get the crap injected for 1 strain of flu when there are 20 possible strains I could catch. No thanks.

5. First off, 3 or 4 strains not 1. And Because you end up with a life long immune response (not an immunity to it however ) to that strain of influenza.

6. I'd describe the flu as a contagious viral disease that kills up to 30,000 Americans a year.  Do you think Ebola won't come to America, it won't spread if it does come, or if it does spread it'll be harmless?

7. Over your head with that first part. Never mind on that.

And the spreading part is what we're discussing, yes. Due e to its transmission methods and our sanitation and hygiene here, there shouldn't be a high concern of it turning into an epidemic.

And who's talking about harm? We're discussing transmission here. And in case you missed it, it has already arrived in the states man.

8. I'm not highly concerned that Ebola will become an epidemic, I am saying its risks are being low-balled. By saying "there shouldn't be a high concern of it turning into an epidemic" you are saying it's possible.  That's what I'm saying.  I agree Ebola isn't as transmissible as the flu but it's much more dangerous.   If you don't like the "up to 30,000" flu deaths per year number then check out http://pediatrics.about.com/od/kidsandtheflu/a/deaths-from-flu.htm or http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/us_flu-related_deaths.htm

9. When did I say it wasn't a possibility?

And when did I say the number bothered me? I said you missed my point.

10. Flu deaths are mostly children and the elderly.
    The Us has a climbing population of more than 400 million so it's a relatively small and understandable statistic.

The flu is more difficult to control, but easier to treat.

Ebola is extremely easy(but dangerous) to control, and fairly difficult to treat due to symptoms.

People thought the world would end in 2001, 2009, 2012.
    People are gullible.
    Why do you think the American public lives such forsaken and isolated lives.
    I
    It's what the people in power want.

And I watch it in action everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. You're right.  I'm still missing your point although I'm sure you have one. I hope you guys are right.  Last month the head of the CDC was saying how easy Ebola was to control, this month we're sending soldiers.  Obama just said it's unlikely Ebola would get on a plane and come here, today it's here. I can't share your optimism because I don't believe these people are telling the truth, they are giving false reassurance and blowing sunshine and rainbows up our butts.  If there is only a five percent chance of an Ebola outbreak in America I want to be told, not lied to.

I would be so happy if a virus was the end of the human race.

13. Haha so should I change the topic name to Ebola discussion?

14. Ok. Im hearing ebola is not something to worry about then i hear it is something to worry about, does anyone have a straight answer to this?

JESUS GOT SHOT IN THE FACE

Ebola is a secret Israeli plot to destroy the world's pagans, Christians, and Muslims, and especially poor black people.

[​IMG]

Well, past performance isn't necessarily a guarantee of future failure but these ass-clowns probably have stacked the CDC full of politically correct little inept drones, just as they've done throughout their bureaucratic paradise. 

17. One huge misunderstanding is the word theory. Something is only a theory until there is enough evidence too prove it true.

With that being said. 9/11 was totally an inside job.

18. Working in the E.R. Of a hospital I can tell you straight up Ebola is something serious. And the fact it is now in the states is even more of a reason to be worried. The CDC is asking ALL Emergency Departments to have gloves and masks on at all times. Of course no one is listing tho. Just be sure you're not passing a bowl with someone that has a headache and/or a stomach ache. Cuz that shit could end up being Ebola.

19. ._.

JESUS GOT SHOT IN THE FACE

20. Here's my theory. They are all out to get me and I am not paranoid. The end

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum