Conspiracy kush from seed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alex_b, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Howdy, first time posting. This is the fourth grow I'll be a part of, but the first on my own. So consider this my first journey at it alone, with yall hopefully participating while you watch from the internets.

This was before her helmet came off. I shpritzed the plug after, was time for water.

[​IMG]

So I germinated her in a root riot plug, then transplanted her when she had 5 prominent roots showing, about an inch long each. Transplant was into 2 parts fox farm ocean forest, 1 part coco coir and 1 part perilite.

Gave her just water for 2 weeks, watering when she dried out, not flooding the pot but just around the root riot plug.

So she looked like this. And yeah, I realize I should have had more soil in the pot, but that's ok, lesson learned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So at this point she had 4 nodes with a 5th opening, and here's a side question: that bottom leaf doesn't count as a node right? It's just that leaf that yellows up and dies/gets removed, correct?

I ask because today I did this, which is a week after the previous pictures, 3rd week from transplant into gallon pot.

[​IMG]
    If you can see, I cut the bottom baby leaves off, as well as the bottom node. Looking back maybe I should have kept the bottom node because it would be two more branches, but in my outdoor growing experience, those branches would usually be gone way before flower, so why not do it now? Let the rest of the energy go to the branches I want to keep.

So at this point she has 5 nodes with a 6th starting, and I'm thinking about topping her for the first time.

[​IMG]

I'm considering doing it above the 3rd node, and root that cut off top as a new clone. That way each (seedling and clone) will have 3 nodes.

Well, what do y'all think? I consider myself a novice still, so any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sadly, he showed balls not too long after. I donated both the original and the cloned top to a friend who's gonna try his hand at genetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1