Console gaming or pc gaming?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by I3 Eazy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Yea I wouldnt use kinect on pc

2. [quote name='"PsilocinTHC"']
    Are you seriously asking if he's being serious?:smoke:[/quote]

You'd be surprised at what people will say about consoles.

3. How can it seem that way without you even watching the video?

And that will run most new games, not the best setting at great FPS, but it will play.....

And since its an APU you can crossfire with a single added GPU which is pretty damn legit.

Of course it can use a upgrade, its pretty much the cheapest of the cheap. He's just making a point. This is just a cheap bare minimum, will do everything you need but nothing crazy.

In the long run its wayyy worth it. I have like 2000$ worth of games (price it would be to purchase at full price which is like 360 and ps3 prices) which i got for about 500$ or less.... :smoking:

4. Console of course

5. Just to add to this, the major point is that this is still around the power of a 360/PS3. This means that upgrading is irrelevant, as anything that needs an upgrade to run better wouldn't be able to run on a current console anyway.

6. #47 NutsLikeKngKong, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah there will definitely be no reason to buy the next generation of consoles. The technology gap between them and computers is getting exponentially bigger while computers drop in price and consoles continue to go up.

The next xbox already looks like it has apple-levels of markup for the hardware that's going into it. And with more places offering to assemble computers for you there's really no reason to stay behind.

7. console for call of duty and madden with my boys. Pc for everything else.

8. Id like to have a gaming pc, but they are so fucking expensive:(

9. #50 passthebilly, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Actually, if you take into account the length of warranties, the average life times of the parts, repair costs, cost of the games, how many years it takes for them to become relatively slow and obsolete, and the fact that PC's can also be used for work/browsing etc. PC's come out a lot cheaper imo. I've got a computer with parts from 2007 with a core 2 duo and a GTX560 added last year still running fine, and cost me like $500 to build.

10. I'm kinda shocked people say consoles are better than PC.

Mobility, yeah. I'll give consoles the edge there. But ever since I've played games at my friend's house, I can't turn on my xbox and not recoil at how much fidelity is lost between a PC on medium settings and playing a 360 game.

Hell, console graphics make low settings on a PC look eye popping. I regret buying my 360 now, after witnessing the ease of building a rig and getting games on it from the get go. (thank you Steam)

I'm sorry guys, but if you think a console is the best way to game then... Well, let's just say get your head checked out.

11. Dont wanna sit and play sports game and with frienda on a desktop. I enjoy pc gaming but for casual play console I like alot better.

12. Let me add a little bit to this thread

Just tried backing up my game save data on my ps3 cuz i was going to sell it for the time being, turns out i cant back up over half my save games (Dark souls (50+ hours) SSX, saints row3, socom) bunch of games why? Because the developer said so.

So fucking gay.

You dont have these problems on pc

13. I can understand that. I won't deny the convenience console gaming provides

My opinion towards PC gaming is also heavily biased now that I've experienced what that area of gaming has to offer. Plus I'm a videophile so noticing the staggering drop in visual quality makes me nauseous.

14. #55 passthebilly, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Yeah absolutely, I fucking love halo but making it xbox only ruined if for me, in halo 2 on pc I never needed to use the scope even with a sniper rifle with my monitor, on xbox 360 versions of halo I have to use scope for every damn shot it's so pixelated, it takes forever to aim because it's on a joystick. And now they're porting shitty/laggy console graphics onto PC's (i.e crysis > crysis 2). Halo 2 on PC is the best simple multilayer fps ever imo, too bad noone bought it when it was released because it was vista only, Microsoft have ruined their best game.

15. As with my earlier post, I don't believe multiplayer would be the same online (though someone mentioned PC's still good for that too so I might give it another whirl), but for local it's pretty much the the same.
    My PC is hooked up to a 21" monitor and a 50" TV. Stick two 360/PS3 controllers in it (added bonus: people can choose their preferred controller) and there you go.
    It seems there's a counter-argument for every console pro.:smoke:

16. Yeah you can do that but it wont cost 299 or less. And yeah most sports, cod, halos, arent nowhere near the mutiplayer of a console. So that wouldnt be real fun. I cant go out buy a computer for 299$ hook it up and start playing skyrim on high settings or good fps. Id buy a complete/ nice set if I played it everday I do have a laptop not for gaming. Console gaming is for more casual gamers.

17. We're going in circles now.
    You could play Skyrim at the same settings and FPS as a 360 would. You could stick a 360 controller in if you wanted. You could basically recreate the 360 experience, and then some.

18. PC gaming all the way.
    Why spend more money, why spend even more money on those online wallet cards.
    PC gaming :
    Pros- Customizable, Upgradeable, dual (more) screen setup at a relatively lower cost, over clocking possibilities. (more)

19. Yes but by paying more and if pc gaming is better why would you want to recreate the 360 experience? Single player games like skyrim Pc > console. but cod,halo,madden i wouldn't wanna play on a pc. Especially with friends. Could you BUY a pc for 279.99$ and play skyrim on it on a tv without buying more stuff for the same price ? Pc gaming is good and has its upsides for gaming alone it's defff better sometimes
    but with friends Console > Pc easy