Console gaming or pc gaming?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by I3 Eazy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. I would definitely be a PC gamer if it was more accepted amongst my group of friends. Battlefield 2 was my game back in the day!

I would go for both so you always have options, ya know?

2. #22 M3ssenger, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    Xbox 360 to play my console games and kinect offline. But for online, pc is the best. I can't begin to tell you the memories I've had playing Conquer Online with my guild and the stories we would tell. I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was pking with my friends and the quests we would get into. It was the best time of my gaming career, because of the best community I've ever came across in a game. If you want adventure, go pc. If you want to play new console games, go console. But nothing beats PC. I havent found a good online mmo or mmorpg besides conquer online and wow. I want a good free mmo that doesn't have a bunch of bulk buyers, to offset the economy. When conquer online was in its infancy, we were the best and most powerful, until bulk era. They came and bought everything and powered up and leveled up with cash. That's y I quit, but not before making a name for myself. other originals including myself are still legends in our server for getting all super socket equipments and reborning without the use of cash. Anyone know of a good mmo of game that doesn't have bulkers?

3. Both! I like having a variety in my games and platforms.

4. WoT (World of Tanks) is a game where you will progress faster if you buy a premium account. I forget how much it is a week, I tend to buy it weekly cause I'm on and off it sporadically. But, using gold to buy tanks does not give the gold buyer any benefit (gold is what you get when you give them your cash, you use your gold to unlock premium). It's will balanced. Gold tanks give you more XP, but they're not at all particularly better than the ones you unlock legitimately. I'd say the legitimate tanks are more powerful.

Give it a thought. I think that game's a blast, let me know if you try it out. I'll mess around with your tier.

5. New Egg is very affordable and you'll find 99% (if not 100%) of the shit you'll need. One thing you will see is that you can make your new build as cheap or expensive as you want. There is a clear quality difference between the cheap and expensive parts, and it is definitely worth investing. Do you need 24 gigs of ddr3 ram? Probably not. Could you? Oh ya. Really depends on what you're looking to spend. Premades, like alienware, tend to be overpriced, but they're still fine machines. The assembly is the main source of the overcharge, so for a desktop, go build it. My #1 hint (coming from a friend group where most of my friends have built their own) is not to be too proud. Don't be afraid to stop and ask directions, or ask an expert for help. It is a very friendly and open community and people are always willing to help. If you're not sure about a step, ask before you make a mistake that could set you back financially or time-wise. Good luck!

6. #26 chimera765, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Check out build-gaming-computers.com

I use their site for some good baseline stuff to look out for when building a computer and they do, in my opinion, a really good job describing why they chose what part and why it's a good choice.

Plus they offer a budget, mid-range, and elite builds. Plus recommendations on peripherals (screen, mouse, keyboard, etc) so you can't go wrong or at least be uninformed when you do decide to get a rig going.

Also, never do a pre-built. You'll be either paying for a brand or labor cost. Both of which companies will screw the buyer over. Also, pre-builts tend to have the CPU, GPU, and motherboard soldered. So that means if you try and take one out, you're gonna fuck the system up.

Building yourself saves money, time, and you get a satisfaction unlike any other the moment you hit the power button and see your rig start up for the first time.

7. ...and then inevitably powers down because you made a small mistake assembling it somewhere along the line. :p

Nothing more frustrating or rewarding than the first time you build your own PC.

8. ^^see then i'd be fucked.

9. Consoles because they're more technologically advanced. PC games don't even have Kinect yet.

10. Sounds about right

11. are you being serious?

12. #32 passthebilly, Jan 9, 2013
    PC games 5 years ago had better graphics than today's console games, I mostly play first person shooters so aiming with a joystick is retarded, and having to have 2 different consoles to play those 'exclusive' games. What's the point of buying an overpriced, slow computer when I already have hardware capable of running it, and can plug in a usb controller if I like. They are completely redundant.

13. Console 299$ and provides years of fun . Also blu ray player. To play skyrim or bf3 the comp or laptop will cost atleast 500¡$(real low) guess

14. Yet no modding scene. Mods keep games alive well after retail dlc has worn out.
    I would've agreed with you years ago, but as the saying goes: you get what you pay for.

I'll pay more in the beginning to have a longer and more enjoyable gaming experience in the long run.

15. It also goes without saying you can cover the cost of $300 in console games by pirating the equivalent amount of PC games.

16. Are you seriously asking if he's being serious?:smoke:

17. I just realized how stupid i was for thinking PC was better. WTF was i thinking.

IT WANTS KINECT :mad:

18. I have had my ps3 for 3 years. Its been worth every penny. I couldnt pay up to 1k to play games on a computer screen . And then in 2 years maybe have to update hardware. Pc are bettter then consoles for everything else gaming deff not. Look at how many people console game over pc

Edit: doesnt pc have kinect or is working on it?

19. Nah, they have web-cams and mice. The average PC gamer doesn't go for that gimmicky casual gamer crap anyway, they just like games to have the best quality detail and less spastic kids fucking up the chat with their pussy tween-wave shit...:smoke:

20. #40 misael, Jan 9, 2013
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRIoHhesNqc]Kill Your Console! Build a $350 Gaming Rig - June 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

:eek: