Console gaming or pc gaming?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by I3 Eazy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. That was a terrible troll, you should have said something like consoles have better graphics or it's easier to aim with controllers..

2. Or pro gamers don't use PCs! :eek:

3. there are pro gamers for pc and consoles

4. I sold my console almost nine months ago and upgraded to PC a few days ago. It's absolutely superior. That's coming from someone who hates K&M as well.

5. HDDs don't bottleneck PCs rofl.

The RPM is the read rate, basically how fast your Pc will boot as well as complete simple desktop tasks that are not 3rd party.

Once a game boots, the HDD does nothing more, the rest is up to you RAM CPU and GPU.

Investing in a SSD is IMO, a huge waste right now. And SSD should only be used to house your operating system, and an HDD for software.

Which is completely stupid, invest in a single HDD that is fast an large and you wont have any issues.

No point in getting an SSD and slack on your CPU and GPU you're getting no benefit from that.

Lots of bad advice in this thread

6. I try to troll not lie Lol common man that just wouldn't cut it here

7. #247 passthebilly, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Some games are over 20GB installed, you telling me all the maps get loaded onto the RAM as well? lol. If you already have good FPS why would you blow your money on an overkill graphics card? Same with CPU, if you're not a hardcore HD video transcoder, you don't even need a core i processor. Core 2 duos still run everything without bottleneck except transcoding stuff, so if you own one of them, no point getting an i processor till the motherboard fails. I run into '1337' gamers like you who talk about core 2 duos like they're Pentium 4's all the time lol. Now that was a bottleneck.

Why buy overkill CPU/video cards and then cheap out on other parts holding the computer back?

At least you can actually ahieve something getting an SSD, everything loads much much faster, fuck waiting for stuff.

8. what dont you understand dude, if your on a budget you wouldn't get a ssd there WAYY to expensive atm.

and aboout over kill on the gpu, ITS NOT OVER KILL people actually like to play there games on the highest settings and you cant do that with the SHIT gpus u mentioned the page or 2 back let alone play most of the new games on medium. like i said before look this shit up i keep up with it all the time im not just speaking out my ass.

About the overkill cpu, a quad core IS NOT OVER KILL its the most optimized for games right now LOOK IT UP LIKE I SAID BEFORE.

honestly it seems like the last time you looked up this shit was a couple years ago because the specs you explain in previous pages was like the regular 2-3 years ago.

you literally act like hdds make computers run like shit when in reality the ssd is just seconds fasters with programs and probably a minuet or 2 to boot windows if you have it installed on there.

9. #249 Threeeyes, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    He's just probably saying you don't need to know specs if your using a console lol. If you wanna build a PC it helps to know what goes into the things especially if you want a gaming rig.

Guys, you build the PC for what you need it to do. Like a laptop Hdd even at 5000 rpm can run games just takes long to load data. If you want fast data writing a SDD is great. But they are pricy and don't have much memory compared to a standard HDD. Buying a top of the line GPU like the nvidea 680 is not overkill on the computer but your pocket. The new tech always goes for the high price but if you want it go for it. I bought the best one for the price and what I needed it to do. But do not cheap out on the Mother bored and processor. The power supply is important if you wanna upgrade later. The processor you pick will determine how long your pc will last before being obsolete.A good motherboard makes your computer longer lasting and removes a good deal of bottle necks. Like my first computer had a Quad 2 core from intel. The pc was like 5-6 years old and all I upgraded was the powersupply and video card. It ran pretty much everything I threw at it. But house got hit by lightning and that was the end of that.

10. When I said SSDs are better than HDDs I meant more for the 'novelty' of faster boot and load times. I'm not saying there's gonna be miles of difference or that it's a must have component.
    If I could afford one I would have one, for the simple fact that I like to see how things work in practice as opposed to purely comparing their specifications.
    Again, a regular HDD is fine (like I said, it's what I use), but it can't be denied that a SSD is better from a technical standpoint. Whether it's worth it or not is entirely down to opinion...:smoke:

11. For me - The PC is the better opinion only because i can't afford a console :(

12. PC all the way man. Especially with the rumors that next gen consoles are going to prevent you from playing used games, screw them. Get way better deals of steam sales anyway.

13. You're not missing out on much by not having a console. Unless you have friends with consoles, but even then eh. I don't really play online with my console friends cause most of us are upgrading to PCs.