Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

consistently eating edibles... what would happen?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by soursalts, Jul 29, 2012.

1. What would happen if I had an edible, say it was .5g dank and lasted for 8 hours (idk) and then near the end I ate another one. Would I stay high for an extended time? And if someone ate edibles for breakfast lunch and dinner, would they be perpetually high?

2. yes its just the same as if you would smoke or vaporize that herb. the effects will most likely last longer, and take a bit longer to kick in. but yes overall you would be high all day if eating edibles for every meal

3. [quote name='"jkcole"']yes its just the same as if you would smoke or vaporize that herb. the effects will most likely last longer, and take a bit longer to kick in. but yes overall you would be high all day if eating edibles for every meal[/quote]

Haha awesome. Thanks

4. If I'm using headies, how much would you recommend per serving? Actually how much do you think i should put in a loaf of banana bread?

5. [quote name='"soursalts"']If I'm using headies, how much would you recommend per serving? Actually how much do you think i should put in a loaf of banana bread?[/quote]

It depends on how dank it is and your tolerance.

6. #6 jkcole, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    Recommended dose is about .35 grams when using good herb. I would say about a half gram, depending on what process you intend to use. Follow a good cannaoil recipe.

7. .5 is nothing for edibles, better off smoking it man.

8. Just rolling out of bed after being sick all day and all last night (possible food poisoning.. that's a fast-food chain salad, for you :p), sorry if this is 'rambly' :p

Remember, edibles are MUCH more powerful and longer-lasting than smoking, or even vaping the same amount of material.

But only with the correct processing :)

That's where all our dosage discrepancy, failed edible stories, and myths about inefficiency stem from.. those problems, are due to improper or hasty processing methods.

Even slightly improperly made edibles can be more powerful than smoking the same material.

It's why many, especially recreational smokers (smoking for sensation/enjoyment, rather than the relief of symptoms) find that their smoke-tolerance can skyrocket after a several day/week long edible binge...
    If you become consistently used to getting so much more sensation from 0.35g edible doses, for instance, you'll eventually find that same amount when smoked isn't nearly as powerful as it once was, and where the effects or sensations from smoking are so short-lived, in comparison to being zonked-out for 10 - 20 hours on a good edible, the smoking sensations can start to feel as though they are 'over' before they even begin!

If you smoke for the taste and pleasure of smoking, and have a decent stash on hand, it isn't really an issue. :eek:
    As much as I love edibles, I love a good bong at least as much... but mostly for those reasons; the act and the ritual of packing and inhaling the smokey aroma, of some deliciously tasty buds. :D

But if, due to a severe lack of processing, you're eating primarily inactive and non-bioavailable glandular material, you're going to waste and miss out on a substantial amount of potency, and smoking may start to seem like a good idea if you're 'missing' more than 'hitting' with your edible selection, or preparation.
    Unfortunately, many clinic/dispensary edibles do fall into that category.. the old myths and erroneous processing methods have made their way into common practice over the years, and old habits, especially among those who feel they are 'experienced', die hard! :eek:

The good news is that, even the rare 'edible immune' patient like myself, who can't feel a thing from firecrackers or many clinic-provided edibles, can get more sensation from an accurately and properly made edible, than smoking.

And the same basic principles, that allow people like me to begin to attain a sensation from edibles, can help to multiply the doses achieved from the same material contained in a 'lesser edible', for those patients and users who are fortunate enough to have easier digestion and absorption... while at the same time, increasing the strength and duration of each individual new dose. :hello:

When I'm running low, I stop smoking long before I stop eating my canna, specifically to preserve and lengthen my stash. :yay:

Many patients lengthen their stashes by switching solely to edibles, myself included, and I have a tough time digesting and absorbing everything from the nutrition in food, to pharmaceuticals and cannabis glandular material. :D

9. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']Just rolling out of bed after being sick all day and all last night (possible food poisoning.. that's a fast-food chain salad, for you :p), sorry if this is 'rambly' :p

Remember, edibles are MUCH more powerful and longer-lasting than smoking, or even vaping the same amount of material.

But only with the correct processing :)

That's where all our dosage discrepancy, failed edible stories, and myths about inefficiency stem from.. those problems, are due to improper or hasty processing methods.

Even slightly improperly made edibles can be more powerful than smoking the same material.

It's why many, especially recreational smokers (smoking for sensation/enjoyment, rather than the relief of symptoms) find that their smoke-tolerance can skyrocket after a several day/week long edible binge...
    If you become consistently used to getting so much more sensation from 0.35g edible doses, for instance, you'll eventually find that same amount when smoked isn't nearly as powerful as it once was, and where the effects or sensations from smoking are so short-lived, in comparison to being zonked-out for 10 - 20 hours on a good edible, the smoking sensations can start to feel as though they are 'over' before they even begin!

If you smoke for the taste and pleasure of smoking, and have a decent stash on hand, it isn't really an issue. :eek:
    As much as I love edibles, I love a good bong at least as much... but mostly for those reasons; the act and the ritual of packing and inhaling the smokey aroma, of some deliciously tasty buds. :D

But if, due to a severe lack of processing, you're eating primarily inactive and non-bioavailable glandular material, you're going to waste and miss out on a substantial amount of potency, and smoking may start to seem like a good idea if you're 'missing' more than 'hitting' with your edible selection, or preparation.
    Unfortunately, many clinic/dispensary edibles do fall into that category.. the old myths and erroneous processing methods have made their way into common practice over the years, and old habits, especially among those who feel they are 'experienced', die hard! :eek:

The good news is that, even the rare 'edible immune' patient like myself, who can't feel a thing from firecrackers or many clinic-provided edibles, can get more sensation from an accurately and properly made edible, than smoking.

And the same basic principles, that allow people like me to begin to attain a sensation from edibles, can help to multiply the doses achieved from the same material contained in a 'lesser edible', for those patients and users who are fortunate enough to have easier digestion and absorption... while at the same time, increasing the strength and duration of each individual new dose. :hello:

When I'm running low, I stop smoking long before I stop eating my canna, specifically to preserve and lengthen my stash. :yay:

Many patients lengthen their stashes by switching solely to edibles, myself included, and I have a tough time digesting and absorbing everything from the nutrition in food, to pharmaceuticals and cannabis glandular material. :D[/quote]

Thanks! I will be following your guide to the number. Id like to ask if you have a banana bread recipe, or know how much canna I should put in for that recipe. Should I just add the oil, or substitute for butter? Thanks so much!

10. #10 dirtydingusus, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    Honestly....i use kitty's recipe...
    once you find what your "dose" is...you will only need once a day....and after a bit you will notice that every day is not always nesssary...
    Once you have enough in your system...you can skip a day or two and still fell those chemicals in your solution...

11. keep in mind that using cannabis like that has diminishing returns

12. [quote name='"RedeyeJedii"']

keep in mind that using cannabis like that has diminishing returns[/quote]

Haha economics all over again. Yes I just wanted to know if it was possible to still feel effects. I wouldn't actually do it that much.