Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Considering telling mom I smoke

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Kiraral, Feb 6, 2014.

1. I'm in my mid 20's, live on my own, support myself, blah blah blah.  I also smoke daily.  

I've never told my parents or been caught by them.  

My mom is generally wicked chill, we have a great relationship.  I'm considering telling her I smoke.  I'm sure she used to when she was younger.  I'm just worried.  Given how much I smoke, I feel like there's no way she could be totally blindsided...although I don't come off as a stoner.

Have no desire to tell my father.  Parents are divorced.

I'm thinking about telling her more seriously now because it may come out in the future (don't feel like getting into details, but it's not negative or anything) and I'd rather she find out from me.

Thoughts?  Advice?  Anecdotes? 

2. I've been considering telling my mom too.

But she's almost 80, and I'm afraid it might kill her. So I'll probably just keep it to myself.

3. Do it!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'd tell your mom. I mean it you're successful then there's no reason for her to get upset. Like if you were a lazy bum who just watched tv all day then shed finally understand why and be upset.

5. Do it man Itll feel good to not have to hide it or feel guilty about doing something that makes you happy.

6. I am sure she would rather hear it from you first. Then who ever this person is when they tell her she won't be in an awkward place.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I told my granny who was 83 at the time, she was like "Oh yeah? That's nice" and then I asked her if she wanted to blaze with me and we did. Great way for me to remember her now that she's dead.

8. Oh and OP, you should tell her, you're your own man, if she doesn't approve there's nothing she can do But accept it. Better to be honest about who you are and not hide something that means a lot to you.

9. Dude she is your mum, she should be supportive no matter what. Like you said she is super chill so it shouldn't be an issue. It's best to tell her and have a long discussion about the situation so she understands it.

Luckily when I told my parents they were actually really cool with it, like I only do it a few times a week so not too much. But they are quite educated so they are not thrown off by what bullshit the media tells them haha

Sent from Space on board the Galactic Bluntship

10. Ask her "How long have you known that I smoke Cannabis mom?" And then let her do the talking. It'll be much easier that way if you let her put it together in her own mind.

11. Set up a Spy Cam  :cool: . Then we can see how it goes down.  ;)

12. Just be really honest and open about it ,theres nothing she can do about and if she does not accept it at first then she will over time.