Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Considering Mmj As Breast Cancer Treatment

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GlobalGirlyGirl, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Hey Everyone,

Great forum! I was recently diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer. I am considering MMJ as an option because I am also Bipolar I. Chemo and estrogen therapy may interfere with my current psych cocktail.

In a Breast Cancer forum, a woman talked about putting marijuana in capsules with olive oil. She was able to take them through the day at work - which was great because there was no high. She did take RSO at night to get the results but could sleep through the high.

This is going to be a dumb ass newbie question. Is the stuff you use to roll the same stuff I would be putting into the capsule?  Sorry - I only smoked a couple times in college.  I am completely new to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. #2 edc, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    you could put bud or shake in a capsule and eat it. i believe that you read of someone taking capsules of cannabis infused olive oil,which would be considered an "edible". basically a different way of taking cannabis than smoking. edibles are highly effective for many ailments. but i believe you would still get a hi. go to smoking and useage section then go to incredible edible herb.

welcome to the forum. ask as many questions as you'd like. and i hope you can fined your perfect balance of medicine.

3. The high is the most enjoyable part in my opinion. You may want to consider edibles, vaporizing, or even conventional smoking. They all alleviate appetite symptoms, and level your mood out. Best of luck. 

4.   Do not eat the plant material. Cannabis is very fibrous and has a high proportion of silica making it very hard on the G.I. tract.

Are you familiar with Cannabs oil? Also known as hemp oil,hash oil,BHO,Simpson oil etc. It is made by soaking the bud material in a solvent to remove the cannabanoids,terpenes and alkyloids. The solvent is then boiled off leaving behind the essence of the plant.

You will then begin to ingest a small amount several times a day, slowly increasing  the dose as your tolerance builds. A small amount is about the size of a half grain of rice. The full course of treatment is generally considered to be 60 grams of oil in 90 days or less. Take it as a personal challenge to finish sooner. If you choose chemo the amount of oil required goes up to help repair the damage done by chemo.

I will not argue for or against chemo. Only you can decide.

YOU MUST RESEARCH! Knowledge is power, and in this fight you want the power on your side. If you haven't already, get Storm Crow's MMJ list and start reading. Calling it extensive is a gross understatement.

One final thought. If you choose to dilute the oil by mixing in other oils (coconut is best) or making edibles or tinctures the goal of 60 grams in 90 days or less stays the same. Do not lose sight of that. Smoking or vaping are for symptom relief(nausea, loss of appetite and pain) ingestion is for curing disease.

All the best

5.  I am SO sorry to hear about your cancer, fortunately combined with more traditional treatments/surgery, breast cancer can be very treatable... I know many survivors (including within my own family)!

Below is an excerpt from a few past posts I've made, that you should find very useful! You'll be looking for Vol. 1, the Decarboxylation video tutorial, Vol. 4, the Medical Grade Oil video tutorial, and Vol. 5, the Topical Cancer/Pain<em>   </em>treatment   tutorial.

If you'd like to make a RSO/Phoenix Tears concentrate, but instead you'd like to use food grade solvents, and produce a more bioavailable outcome, then you'll be looking for the Cannabis Concentrate photo tutorial, also linked below! (This photo tutorial, along with the video tutorials, each explain how to adjust the process in order to strengthen the effects, or alternately control and limit the 'side-effects', provided by your oil. :) )

Please be sure you're staying healthy, ensure your diet includes PLENTY of vitamin C, and Omega fatty acids (all are important, but particularly keep on top of your omega-3), along with vitamin D. Taking special care to include those particular elements in adequate, or even slightly heightened quantities for your body type, along with a healthy and balanced diet and nutritional intake, can go a long way towards healing damage and curing illnesses. Look into seeds, greens, and juicing!

Good luck! :wave:   - BKS

If you need some of the best info you can find on cannabis oils for cancer, please check out Day 5 (the Big 4/20 Day) of the Cannabis World Summit!

Both Rick Simpson and I were the headlining 'star speakers' of the Cannabis World Summit, and we were asked to share the Big 4/20 day of the Summit, due to our track records with treating and even curing cancer, as well as other illnesses, with our medical oils! My medical oil video tutorials, Rick's interview, and his documentaries can be found on Day 5, along with some bonus footage from Rick. :)

This will get you started, I'll highlight the articles you may find important:

2013 Summit Speakers & Schedule
    Welcome to the First Annual Cannabis World Summit! Below is the speaker lineup for the event and a brief summary of the talks.

Day 1 - April 16
    Day 2 - April 17
    Day 3 - April 18
    Day 4 - April 19
    Day 5 - April 20
    Day 6 - April 21
    Day 7 - April 22
    Day 8 - April 23
    Day 9 - April 24
    Day 10 - April 25

You can certainly make brownies, but there are also many other options, including everything from capsules (useful for days when your friend has a low appetite), to entire Thanksgiving dinners. :)

Below is the Cannabis World Summit edition of my "BadKat's CannaPharm", alternatively you can click through to Day 5 above to view my content there. :)

Coconut oil and especially lecithin are the most effective vehicles you can find when it comes to promoting the absorption of another chemical, or chemicals, more effective than alcohol and all other common kitchen cooking oils. :) It's why both are used in the pharmaceutical industry to enhance both the transdermal (topical) as well as oral bioavailability or absorption of different medications, so by making a canna oil this way, you'll have the fastest, and most complete and efficient absorption when taken orally, and it can allow your medicine to penetrate up to several inches below the surface of the skin when applied topically!

You can see the Medical Grade Canna Oil video (or the Concentrate photo tutorial) below, for detailed information on using time and heat to accurately manipulate, and control the effects provided by your oil. :yay:

Here is the World Summit edition of the CannaPharm information, in video format.... you'll be wanting Vol. 1, Vol. 4 & Vol. 5.

Here ya go!

BadKat's CannaPharm : The Cannabis World Summit Edition...

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 1: Decarboxylation" by BadKittySmiles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEa9a1riXl8

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 2: Flowering & Revegetated Clones" by BadKittySmiles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKeEwMSgb4

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 3: Hash Machine Demo" by BadKittySmiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrUhcPLqb0

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 4: Medical Grade Oil" by BadKittySmiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6wKwQO6Ko

BadKat's CannaPharm "The Cannabis World Summit Edition, Vol 5: Powerful Topical Bone Bars" by BadKittySmiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHr1m5ZQA0

BadKittySmiles World Summit Preview.. Medical Grade Canna Oil, Hash, Edibles, Cloning and more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rffzSeSfeuM

BadKittySmiles - GrassCity - Cannabis World Summit - Comment to WIN FREE SIGNED BeeLine Hemp Wick!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkbclJ5wZKk

And if streaming video is difficult for your computer or your internet connection, here are the original photo tutorial versions, directly from the CannaPharm sticky here at GC. :)

If you're looking for Phoenix Tears/RSO, with improved bioavailability, less waste, and best of all, that utilizes a safe food-grade solvent, please see the concentrate tutorial below for an ethyl alcohol extraction, transferred to coconut oil!
    Virtually any recipe or dish can be infused with canna, especially those that contain oil, alcohol or sweet flavors :hello:  

This entire Thanksgiving Dinner, including the turkey, was fully medicated!

[​IMG]

Just head over to the edible section and check out the CannaPharm to learn how :)

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to RSO/Phoenix Tears & BHO, but bioavailable & made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of the below recipes and tutorials can be found in the stickied CannaPharm thread, if you're interested (where the oil links bring you). [​IMG]

There is a partial Table of Contents in my blog, to help you find them a bit quicker (for now, the direct links don't work due to the format changes that occurred during the GC update, however the 'post code' or post number is still accurate.... so if you're interested in a particular recipe from the Table of Contents, for now, simply copy the link location, make note of the post number, and just use the search feature in the CannaPharm to find the post specified within the link!).

----

"An edible a day, keeps the doctor away!"

They beat apples! [​IMG]

Or they can include apples...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made sixteen of these ChiCanna Cordon Bleu rolls for brunch, with and without shrimp (lol ;) ), New Year's Day!

<span>[​IMG]</span>

<span>[​IMG]</span>

<span>[​IMG]</span>

Just had some of these for breakfast again, a few days ago or so... the batch below is from a few weeks earlier. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was part of a small brunch, for guests, about a week ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://forum.grassci...=1&d=1297011588

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Pot'-tato Salad made with canna oil, half homemade hash mayo, and half store-bought mayo.
    Before adding the taters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna S'mores, made with marshmallow, PB Canna Cookies, and Hashy Bars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truffles are super simple, they require three or four simple ingredients, they take about 10 minutes.. and no baking is required!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can skip the chocolate coating and the 'fuse' for the BOMBS, to make a much more simple PB fudge treat..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://forum.grassci...=1&d=1302127954

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Hello Jello' (dragon/hash-tincture/oil infused, jello dessert treats)..

http://forum.grassci...=1&d=1297308875

[​IMG]

Some Aussie-style Hashy Meat Pie.... of the 'bacon cheeseburger' variety. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(ALL of the food items in the photo below, have been infused with hash oil, canna oil, tincture, or all of the above! :hello: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://forum.grassci...=1&d=1299348209

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the GC Techies got the photo albums back up, and running, I was thrilled!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CannAmbrosia Fruit Salad made with tincture...

[​IMG]

Then, you have oil based drinkables...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://forum.grassci...=1&d=1296496392

And with a tincture, you can expand and 'lighten' your drinkable options... glycerin and alcohol tinctures do require
    more patience than oils, during processing, however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Candies are great, too...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even sushi is easy!

Alcohol and glycerin hash tinctures in the sushi rice (which calls for mirin, a rice wine, sugar and vinegar... some
    sushi rice recipes also call for oil, so hash oil may be used as well), and a touch of alcohol tincture with the water,
    that is used to hydrate the wasabi. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you want something really simple... just pop your oil into capsules when you're done!

These keep better than any other edible.. on a shelf, in a desk, or in the freezer.. and they're always ready for eating. :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Some smoking concentrate made the same way as the above caps, minus the oil of course, with a faster wash/rinse...)

[​IMG]

http://forum.grassci...=1&d=1297823607

[​IMG]

And just when you thought that the liquor flavored "Kopper's Cordials" couldn't possibly get any better...

We turned around, and made them with Golden Dragon. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, these are just a few examples... but I think the post is probably quite long enough! [​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun! [​IMG][​IMG]

-----

(PS - To keep this page from becoming redundant, please delete the above photos if you 'quote' this message
    to reply, for the sake of the members who visit the thread after you... it's happened in the past, two or three
    times on a single page in at least one case, and the results are not good!
    [​IMG] )

6. edc - Thank you for the information. It's good to know that just getting the flower is OK. :)

StickyDro - My sister finds that it relaxes her and helps with her anxiety. :)

HarryParatestes - Thank you for the information. I've been researching RSO. The high is what I'm scared of because I have to function - driving and work.  I know you have to develop a tolerance to it. Is it OK if you have to go beyond the 90 days to finish the 60 grams? I'm a little confused. Rick Simpson talks about the THC.  Others say that it's the CBD is more important? I can get the oil, and I definitely want to try it.

BadKittySmiles - Wow. Cannabis or not, the food you make looks delicious! I will definitely check out the videos on how to keep the "side effects" to a minimum. Thank you so much.

Thank you all for the well wishes. There is something to medical marijuana. I want to learn as much as I can to get the benefits of it.

7. Building tolerance does take time but is usually quite short. Start with the tiniest smear on your finger and rub it on your gums or tongue. Test when you have the time to be "medicated", Friday night to Sunday. Don't plan anything except experimenting for that period of time.

If you have the option, use a sativa dominant for daytime use and an indica for night.Sleep is good.

Yes it is ok to go beyond 90 days but is not optomal. You have to do what allows you to carry on. You will not know your personal tolerance level until you start.

A funny aside, my wife has Ankylosing Spondilitis and takes a number of narcotics. In 2000, one of the packers the moving company sent had injured his back the previous day. My wife gave him half a tablet of supedol. He spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping in the cab of the moving van while I helped his partner pack the house. My wife takes 4 tablets a day without noticeable effect. You just never know.

Rick Simpson talks about THC because most of the early research was done on it. I believe he uses THC as a catchall for all the cannabinoids. And it is true that people tend to look for The One True Thing, so ten years ago everyone talked about THC. Now they have thrown THC under the bus and rushed to the altar of CBD. The beauty of the cannabis plant is the stew of compounds that allow it to treat and cure disease. I don't believe that it is wise to favour on to the exclusion of the others. That is what Pharma Inc does.

Don't just try the oil, do the full treatment. Cannabis does cure breast cancer. And lung cancer. And brain cancer...

Let us know how it goes, every persons story is important

All the best

8. yes EVERYTHING made with cannabis comes directly from marijuana. i don't know how old you are but if you haven't tried the new strains of marijuana i would recommend trying it illegally, and you will most likely LOVE it. (the capsules are a very ineffective way to use medical marijuana, if you don't want to smoke it for whatever reason you would need a vaporizer) i suggest researching everything for an hour or too and then go see your doctor and he will give u it.

Correction: BIoavailable cannabis oil inside capsules, is one of, if not THE MOST EFFECTIVE method of medicating... you waste so, so much by vaporizing, in comparison. :)

This is one of the main reasons you can use less herb, to produce a more powerful effect when making edibles. :)

You really need to have a read around and learn more about our plant, fortunately this is a GREAT place for you to learn. :yay:

10. OK, my turn!   :yay:  The Omega 3 advice is vital! You can't make functional CB1 receptors without it! These guys were just looking at the effects in the brain. but if a lack of Omega 3 causes defective CB1 receptors in the brain, it is a pretty sure bet that it does the same in your body!

Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain        (news – 2011)
    http://www.wellsphere.com/general-medicine-article/omega-3-deficiency-disrupts-cannibinoid-receptor-function-in-brain/1347465

When you have too many defective CB1 receptors, cancers can run wild!  As proof of this-

Turned-Off Cannabinoid Receptor Turns On Colorectal Tumor Growth      (news - 2008)
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080801074056.htm

It takes a month or two to replace enough receptors to notice a difference.

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?  http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Long-Before-Fish-Oil-Works-on-Depression-to-Lift-Your-Mood?&id=4229948

A low level of Omega 3 is considered to be a risk factor for breast cancer- 

Long-chain n-3-to-n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratios in breast adipose tissue from women with and without breast cancer.  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12416257

A bit more reading for you on Omega 3-

O-6 to O-3 ratio- Discover the Shocking Reality That Ruins Your Health More than You Think! [SIZE=10pt]http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Omega-6+to+Omega-3+Ratio+-+Discover+the+Shocking+Reality+That+Ruins...-a01073970178[/SIZE]

How too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 is making us sick 
    http://chriskresser.com/how-too-much-omega-6-and-not-enough-omega-3-is-making-us-sick

Good Oils and Fatty Substances http://www.math.ucsd.edu/~ebender/Health%20&%20Nutrition/Nutrition/oil_good.html

Now, on to CBD! Cannabidiol does NOT get you high- a feeling of calmness is about it! Huge doses of CBD were injected into volunteers when it was first discovered. No high, no nausea, no nothin'! :confused_2: At least, as far as they could tell! CBD is subtle on the mind effects, but "gang-busters" when it comes to certain cancers!

For a start, CBD inhibits the growth of the new blood vessels that feed a tumor (angiogenesis). Without a huge supply of food, the growth of the tumor slows! :hello:

Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms.
     (abst – 2012)          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22624859

But CBD doesn't stop there! CBD has an amazing effect on ID-1 type cancers. ID-1s are aggressive and spread fast- the deadly "triple negative" breast cancer is an ID-1 cancer. That is what they were using as their cell sample in this article-

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer        (news – 2012)
    http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Pot-compound-seen-as-tool-against-cancer-3875562.php#page-1

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

Here is their original study on CBD and cancers-

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells.    
    (full - 2007)      http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/6/11/2921.long       

These folks have a LOT of info on CBD, including a list of high CBD strains, on their site!

http://projectcbd.com/

If you can afford it, or swing it somehow, you might consider using a high CBD RSO for the day, and a high THC RSO in the evening! Get the best of both! they fight cancer in different ways, but they both fight cancer!

If you get a choice of strains, choose a lemony-scented one! The lemon scent is limonene, which is a cancer-fighter in its own right!

Human breast tissue disposition and bioactivity of limonene in women with early-stage breast cancer. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23554130

And one last link!

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage-applications/1130359-tumors-really-shrinking.html#post16220325

Hope that helps!

Granny   :wave: