Conserning Bonnaroo

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Smoking Buddah, Jan 22, 2004.

1. I have heard mentioned that several people are heading to Bonnaroo this year and also that there ill be a possibility that ya'll will be joining up. Well, this is just a simple question: "Who all FOR SURE is going toBonnaroo this summer?" just a simple question.....

2. What/where is Bonnaroo?

3. Namynam- \t"What/where is Bonnaroo?"

i ask the same thing

p.s. how do i do the quote thing?

4. It's a huge multiday jam band festival in South US of A. Lots of good music, lots of good food, lots of good drugs (bud, cid, anything). :)

Wish I could go though. :(

http://bonnaroo.com/

5. I mean, check out the list of performers at last year's festival

The Dead, Widespread Panic, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, James Brown,
    The Allman Brothers Band, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals,
    Jack Johnson, moe., Galactic, The Flaming Lips, The Roots,
    Lucinda Williams, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Emmylou Harris,
    Medeski Martin & Wood, Sonic Youth, The funky Meters,
    Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon, Joshua Redman,
    Yonder Mountain String Band, Robert Randolph & the Family Band,
    The Wailers, Nickel Creek, G. Love and Special Sauce, Tortoise,
    Liz Phair, Sound Tribe Sector 9, O.A.R.,
    North Mississippi Allstars, Warren Haynes, Keller Williams,
    Garage A Trois, Ben Kweller, Mix Master Mike, Ekoostik Hookah, Polyphonic Spree, Kid Koala, Z-Trip, Particle,
    Michael Franti and Spearhead, Josh Wink,
    Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, The Slip, Cyro Baptista's Beat the Donkey, DJ Spooky, Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons,
    Jon Cleary & the Absolute Monster Gentlemen, The New Deal, RJD2,
    My Morning Jacket, Topaz, phonosycograph DJ.DISK,
    DJ.Disk & The Filthy Ape, Vusi Mahlasela of Amandla!,
    Drive-By Truckers, Hackensaw Boys, Mark Farina,
    Robinella & the CC String Band, Buddahead, Kaki King, RAQ,
    Jason Mraz, The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players, Josh Kelley, Gavin Degraw, Indecision, Louque, Rebirth Brass Band.

6. Baaaah! I want to sooo badly!

KELLER WILLIAMS IS SO AWESOME!!!

7. Me, along with at least 5 of my friends, are all going down for Bonnaroo, and staying for all 3 days. We are all defenitely going down, it's not a "maybe, maybe not" kinda thing....

If any fellow blades are going down and would like to meet up, lemme know!

8. Hmm...only 3 hours away. Sounds like a plan! :)

9. bottom right of the post you wanna quote says quote :p

10. Yeah i'm going, ten hour each way road trip and then the festival is gonna be awesome

11. I just listened to an ad for it on the radio. One of the radio stations here is going to broadcast from there that weekend.

I want to go but I checked the calendar at work and that weekend is a required weekend for everyone who works there from the bottom to the top of the totem pole. I'm going to try to figure out some creative scheduling so I can at least be there for one day.

Anyway, I want to go. The ad made it sound great!

12. Got our tickets this morning! missed out on the lower price though goddamit, they musta gone in like 15 minutes, thats some BULLSHIT! oh well, we're going to fuckin bonnaroo! wohooooooooo:)

13. It's a kickass show, and I would suggest strongly that everyone who has the means check it out. Take plenty of money when you go, though. Everything is crazy expensive, especially necessities like water and food.

14. Yeah we're taking a suburban down, so we;re gonna pack shitlaods of food and probably a barbque grill or something, so we dont have to spend much money while we;re down there.

15. i keep hearing commercials for it on the radio station i listen to, and they're like.. "and dont worry, we definitely wont drug test you to get in!" or.. "and there wont be any cops!" and the like, hah.. its great...

16. liz phair and jason mraz. they don't seem like stoners...oh well. still, if that wasn't about 10 hours away i'd go

17. Yes!!!

too bad i live in england...

18. fuck me i was asked to go but my graduation is that weekend. my parents were like hell no your going to graduation. i thought raq disbanded and what has widespread panic done since Steve died did they get a new guitarist? jason mraz is a big time stoner he smokes between sets all the time at his shows.

19. sir, this just may be the wisest thing i've ever heard.

20. A crapload more of my friends and their friends are going down. We're probably gonna rent 2 bigass vans so you can chill if it's not your turn to drive. Probably gonna buy an ounce of dank and an ounce of mids before going down.