Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Connecticut Dispensary Strain Labeling

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SummerRain, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Hi!
    I go by Rain, and this is my first post!
    Pleasure to meet you all!
    So, anyhoo...
    I am awaiting my State of Connecticut Medical Marijuana Card in the mail...and wanted to do some research on strains.
    The problem is...it looks like a lot of other States use the strain's original name, while in CT...they have a completely different categorization system that doesn't even remotely let on what the strain was originally called.
    This makes it really tough to do research to see what different strains are like and what peoples opinions are on it.
    Anyone have any suggestions or know any resources that may help?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Not a big deal.
    We can never be sure whether the same named strain from two breeders is really the same anyway.
    It's even worse with autos.
    There exists no valid chart that says what strains are good for what ailments because everyone is different, and strain names are unreliable.

3. Thanks for your input :thankyou:

4. If you have a list of maladies that you'd like to treat, the members here can probably give strain testimonials.
    It's likely that even if the CT strain names are different, knowing their parentage might be useful.
    Most people use an indica dominant strains for sleep, and sativa dominant strains during the day.
    Leafly.com can be helpful.