Congress to Review the "PATRIOT" Act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KingTut, Feb 18, 2011.

1. #1 KingTut, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    Just got this E-Mail

Interesting stuff Ladies & Gentlemen, although the Bill isn't gonna be struck down completely hopefully there is some changes for the better. Wait a minute this is Congress, we could end up with a worse situation then before :laughing:

2. Bout time. And yes, those that support the current USA PATRIOT Act are probably licking their chops because they think nothing is unconstitutional about the current form. Who knows what other BS they will think up to further erode our Bill Of Rights if given the chance.

3. I want to hear Ron Paul take the floor on this, should be epic.

Since all my Gramps watches is Fox I wonder if they'll even talk about it or just say it doesn't need any changes.

4. The only one on FOX that would cover it is Ron Paul's buddy, Judge Andrew Napolitano (no relation to the cunt).

And here is what pisses me off. We've had a Republican AND Democrat controlled House/Senate/White House in the past 10 years and yet we STILL have this PATRIOT Act. Why?

5. Hmmm I'll try and see if Napolitano is on today, he's usually chumming it up with Bill O.

You're asking me man?:confused: I have no idea, but what makes me even more surprised is a Democrat got this review rolling, I thought for sure a Tea Party person but a Democrat? I thought they were all about increasing government control, at least that's what this Politics forum has led me to believe.

6. No I wasn't asking you, it was just in general/rhetorical. :)

Who knows, I think the real message on this forum is that the federal government is fucked up beyond belief.

Regarding Dick Durbin being a "long time PATRIOT Act critic", here is his voting record for reference:

Project Vote Smart - Senator Durbin on HR 3162 - USA Patriot Act of 2001 - YES

Project Vote Smart - Senator Durbin on HR 3199 - PATRIOT Act Reauthorization - NO

Project Vote Smart - Senator Durbin on HR 3199 - PATRIOT Act Reauthorization - YES

Project Vote Smart - Senator Durbin on HR 514 - Extension of Various Patriot Act Provisions - YES

7. Hmmmm I was just copyin and pasting the E-Mail, seems like they got their facts wrong :laughing:

8. Well to be fair he might talk a big game against it but does that mean more than how he votes? I say no.