Congress sends White House auto aid proposal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deutschbag, Dec 9, 2008.

1. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081208/D94UQ0CG1.html

2. Its a shame it's going to pass.

3. Only Democrats support this theft?

4. :confused_2:

Bush will sign it but even if he didn't Obama would once he got sworn in.

5. If this doesn't pass great american pass time of nascar might have to go, and congress can't have that.

6. yup, say goodbye to American dollar :wave:

7. #7 420420420, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
    Disgusts me how openly supportive the media is of this (wasn't talking about that article specifically)

And of course it will pass, even if it fails the first time

8. #8 Deleted member 87043, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
    Damn, I thought this was about an aid proposal to bail out congress. "Congress sends auto aid proposal", kinda like self aid. Had me kinda staring at my screen for a while.

The most likely scenario is this will pass. Right now I´m just hoping Ford sells Volvo and it goes back to Swedish hands. New Volvos suck, I liked the boxes on wheels that could survive a 250 ft dive off a cliff.

9. Hopefully Ford sells Mazda, Kia, Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin as well.

Or the taxpayers will be forced to buy them...

10. I had no idea Ford owned that many auto names. Was only aware of Volvo, Mazda and Jaguar.

You mean to tell me they own the names Land Rover and Aston Martin and are actually asking for money?

Aston Martin, James Bond´s car of choice...James Bond.

They better sell that shit and quit begging.

11. Yup, its pathetic.

Here's what the founder of Ford has to say about this:

"Let them fail; let everybody fail! I made my fortune when I had nothing to start with, by myself and my own ideas. Let other people do the same thing. If I lose everything in the collapse of our financial structure, I will start in at the beginning and build it up again."
    -Henry Ford
    Feb 11th, 1934

12. I don't think the media has been as supportive as it has for the previous bailouts. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention but I've seen just as much critical coverage as I have supportive coverage.

I think even the talking heads are starting to realize how ridiculous this is getting.