Congress Declares Pizza to be a Vegetable.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Heinous Anus, Nov 18, 2011.

1. The title is really provocative and sensational and I've seen it used again and again the last few days, but it really isn't accurate.

Congress declared, for public schools lunch programs, to declare that the tomato sauce on pizza served to students be considered a vegetable. So, no....Pizza isn't a vegetable. :rolleyes:

And for everybody freaking the fuck out about it...Same exact thing happened during Ronald Reagan's Presidency, when the dept. of agriculture and the FDA decided that Ketchup was a vegetable, in regards to the school lunch program.

Stupid? Yes, yes it is. So stupid that we can't conceive how they could possibly have done it? No, unfortunately it is just the circle of (congressional) life. Money talks and bullshit gets elected.

2. - Block the Agriculture Department from limiting starchy vegetables, including corn and peas, to two servings a week. The rule was intended to cut down on french fries, which some schools serve daily.

- Allow USDA to count two tablespoons of tomato paste as a vegetable, as it does now. The department had attempted to require that only a half-cup of tomato paste could be considered a vegetable - too much to put on a pizza. -

- Federally subsidized lunches must have a certain number of vegetables to be served.

- Require further study on long-term sodium reduction requirements set forth by the USDA guidelines.

- Require USDA to define "whole grains" before they regulate them. The rules would require schools to use more whole grains.

3. little girl goes in on congress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVtRTtOItac]Hey Congress! Got 5 minutes? My 6 year old has something to say. - YouTube[/ame]

4. that little girl could say more than i did at her age

i think that "global shift" is happening that everyone's raving about... or is that just them damn "iPODS"

5. Good thing I'm a vegetarian! Now time to pile that pineapple and ham on my pizza cause it's also kosher.

6. Be sure to eat your fruit, kids:

[​IMG]

7. Every time I hear about the Government making some idiotic decision. This sound plays in my head.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LhoqYY6SXw"]TERRORIST WIN - YouTube[/ame]

8. LMAO^^^

I've played cs forever

9. Unfortunately that's pretty analogous. High fructose corn syrup is basically fruit without the fiber and micro-nutrients.

10. I'm not sure this justifies or excuses anything at all :confused_2: Just shows that the Fed govt has been overreaching/rtarded for some time now

11. Ladies and gentlmen, I give you Republican party issues :hello:

12. and i wouldnt say the fed govt is over reaching, its the gop as usual

13. The Republicans are garbage, the Democrats are the bestest :rolleyes: :laughing:

You made a funny.

14. Thats the last straw, I'm getting out of America

15. oh u must be illiterate because no where did i say democrats r the bestest.... please show me where i wrote dems are the bestest pleeeeease..... oh wait i didnt because its a post about the gop and u just bring in the dems because u have no defense against what the gop is actually doing in the house ;)

16. [​IMG]

17. Zpyro do not feed the troll. Some people are incapable of understanding that the problems we face aren't to blame on one party.

18. I don't defend current policies from Democrats or Republicans. Nice try though.

You seem to be good at bashing the GOP with not much to say about Democrats, who are also flushing this Country down the toilet.

19. When you have only A or B, and you declare A to be shit, it implies B is a better choice than A. If both were shit, you'd declare both to be shit.

Not sure why you'd have such a hard time understanding that :confused:

20. .....what the fuck?