Congress Calls On President Obama To Use His Authority To Reclassify Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Feb 13, 2014.

1. You mean form their own special interest CONgressional consortiums such as this one?
    THAT I could believe.

2. The message says, we want to do this because the people are suffering from getting arrested, fined, etc. but the real motive is the Pharma-Grade Medical Grade Movement. Here in Michigan if this goes through, there is already a Bill ready to go into effect that will allow "Pharma-Grade" and will require a whole new registry system. This will eliminate the whole caregiver market (eventually, it will dwindle at first). The best part about this is all of the Marijuana grown for these pharmacies is going to BE IMPORTED FROM CANADA.

God Bless America.

3. this is just telling us cannabis will become legalized, how actful most of our country is on this

4. God, I am so excited for the day that I can legally smoke marijuana.... I know, we still got a long ways to go but each day we are making progress. Does full out legalization within the next 10 years seem improbable? 

5. #65 MunchiesMan78, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Maybe. Not many politicians are going out of their way to legalize it. Most politicians, including the president, feel pretty "meh" about the whole issue. Must be alcohol and tobacco corporations lobbying their asses off to slow down the legalization movement. It will be legal in the next 10 years for sure. Support is coming in FAST.

6. #66 00Hassel, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014

LOL are you serious?

The locals would be downtown with pitchforks if they tried that here. Plus any politician who touched that with the intention of pushing it would be out of a job by sunrise the next morning. IMO the citizens there need to be united; educated and made aware enough to realize how big of a pile of BS that type of setup is.

If not freedom, ethics or common sense maybe they care about money? Importing grass from Canada shortchanges the locals millions of dollars in revenue for the local economy. They will for sure see this, after it's too late, if no one acts to prevent that bill - as CO and other properly legal states roll millions of dollars into the pockets of local citizens, Michiganian's will see that they got duped big-time.

NINJA EDIT/

Had to look this one up real quick.. what a sham! But one particular is very interesting:

http://hemp.org/news/content/michigan-pharmaceutical-grade-marijuana-law-needs-federal-approval

Does this indirectly mean that the "insiders" of the Pharma complex know that the US Gov is soon to reschedule cannabis? Or are they investing millions of dollars based only on wishful thinking?

Could not agree more.

Reading the article I noticed that patients would have to give up their MMJ card to participate in doctor/pharma access... I imagine those in the MMJ industry in Michigan should be brainstorming on how to retain as much of the market as possible.

Interesting news nonetheless.

Press release:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cen-biotech-inc-michigan-fitx-announces-partnership-agreement-for-dispensing-pharmacy-in-michigan-2014-02-26?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Best elaboration:

http://www.theweedblog.com/michigan-senators-get-your-kush-at-cvs/

7. You really think this had anything to do with what the people want. Get real. It has always been about the money and it will always be about money. It's going to be just like Canada's system after they see how much cash they will be making.

I keep seeing comments like this. They are false.

If they haven't already, tobacco corporations would be the first to jump on the bandwagon, for reasons that should be obvious.

Anheuser-Busch was actively campaigning for the legalization of medical marijuana here in Arkansas a few months back, even going so far as donating money to Arkansans For Compassionate Care.

The people that run these corporations are far from being stupid. Why would they lobby against legalization when there's so much more money to be made in endorsing it?

lol Sorry which level of government looks after the border?  Homeland security is one of the craziest agencies of modern government.

10. Yeah it's pretty crazy. The problem is there isn't enough awareness here. I'm working on something that could potentially save the everyday mmmp and mmmc. Hopefully everything sorts out.

Sorry but I don't see what you're getting at.

11. The border is a federal concern, I thought you had said the state of Michigan would be enacting these laws. How would marijuana cross the border?

12. LOL

Yes, I DO think this has everything to do with what the people want. The people in Michigan are getting exactly what they want - I do mean that a bit sarcastically, and not literally. They did not show enough "want" for the proper establishment of MMJ and this is what happens in return.

It's also why Canadian companies are not coming into CO and forcing out all the local business that's been established - because the people HERE have clearly expressed what they want.

Also the only reason why states have been legalizing is because of what the people WANT. Otherwise it would have stayed illegal as it has been for the past 77 years. Corporations and profiteers are going to do what they've always done: profiteer as best they can over whatever they (mostly) legally can.

That, however, does not mean we should pass up on legalization because greedy people want to jump on board. It also does not mean people in Michigan should roll over and get fucked over this - but thats up to them.

Do you even want legalization anyways? The impression given by most of your posts is that a legal market cuts into your market, therefore it's a deal-breaker.

Would you be interested in sharing some info on that with me? Perhaps via PM?

I am in marketing, writing, research and recently getting more involved locally and nationally on the "rightful access" legalization front - perhaps I could help get the word out on your idea. Plus I am personally very curious as how what is occurring in Michigan can be reversed, or prevented. IMO it's clear that the intention to take this "pharma-grade" plan nation-wide, not just leave it in Michigan. Otherwise they would not be establishing business precedent with national pharmacy chains.

Of course, if your idea is proprietary/etc and cannot share publicly, I respectfully understand :smoke: