Congress Calls On President Obama To Use His Authority To Reclassify Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Feb 13, 2014.

1. I don't think you need to hold your breath anymore. Legalization will be the 800lb gorilla in the room during the campaigning of the 2016 Presidential Elections.

No longer can a candidate tap dance and joke about legalization anymore. Clinton didn't inhale, Bush use to smoke, and Obama makes jokes about it during his campaigning.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vg95RiBPsRM

The momentum is swinging in our favor and literally gaining speed by the day. If he [BO] doesn't address this before he leaves office, which he can in lame duck status, you can bet whoever is next will work for the votes of those demanding reform or legalization.

The genie is out of the bottle now.

2. A single congressman does not represent congress as a whole.

3. #23 Nerd139, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    Nah they'll go back and forth or say things that are misleading. Say things like "I wont go after medical patients" "I wont arrest people buying it legally under state law" "Im willing to discuss it" and when the become president try and backtrack legalization by shutting down shops. Going to have to pay very careful attention to their wording.

4. Whats this? Rational thinking?

IN CONGRESS?!

Either there is a glimmer of hope for us, or I am not gonna jynx it.

5. #25 claygooding, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    Obama can Executive Order cannabis from Schedule 1 if he declares it has an accepted medical use,,if he does it puts the shoe on the DEA and NIH to prove it is not.They do not want cannabis being studied by the FDA because they will research the good with the bad to determine if benefits outweigh the harms,,,the reason Nida only does harm research,,they know the benefits.

Plus the FDA is fast tracking a "Charlottes Web" high cbd hash oil from Sativex and finishing up the original Sativex,tincture,,how would it  look to have actual science prove our shit is better?

With half the population having access to legal mmj and over a million patients using marijuana under a doctor's care,plus a dispensary 4 blocks from the DEA Administration,,,that is the definition of accepted medical use.

He should remind them  the other half are using the cartel generic MMJ and thanks to the DEA we have a steady supply and dispensaries on every street in America.

My guess is the four brothers will be sued for copyright infringement if they ever sell any CW,,they will not be recognized  as the developers of an oil that may end up being just as beneficial the Rick;s oil.

All we can do is never buy a Sativex product  and ask others not to,,well one bottle to refill maybe.

6. Sweet. Any news that would end the drug war? No? Too bad.

7. And they are all a bunch of dip shits. If not for the weed laws I would be long gone.

8. With all those executive orders he was threatening to sign in his state of the union speech you would have thought he would have mentioned mj. Oh wait it's not even a thought to him.

9. Damn, Blumenauer tells it like it is. He doesn't hold back and presents the facts. I like that man! Keep it up!!!

I feel embar..

Yeah, that.  Exactly what I was going to say.  We (the US) have also pushed our stance on MJ to the world.  We SHOULD be embarrassed.

No, but 18 of them signing that letter is a damn fine start.  You know there are a bunch of others watching to see how people react to this.  If it makes the news.  I'm not finding a lot else at the moment.  Hope they don't bury it.

11. You know, some "Thank You" letters to Representatives Blumenauer (OR), Cohen (TN), Farr (CA), Grijalva (AZ), Honda (CA), Huffman (CA), Lee (CA), Lofgren (CA), Lowenthal (CA), McGovern (MA), Moran (VA), O'Rourke (TX), Polis (CO), Quigley (IL), Rohrabacher (CA), Schakowsky (IL), Swalwell (CA), and Welch (VT), would be appropriate!   :yay: 

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml 

And more pointedly, perhaps a few to the rest of the representatives asking WHY their name is not on that short list of reps who are actually LISTENING TO THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE? :poke:

Granny 

12. Exactly!

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

13. #33 claygooding, Feb 14, 2014
    He thinks very carefully what he says,,he never has liked book depositories,,,the man controlling this dog and pony show is not laughing at anything he has said and we are still angry enough at him for laughing at us look what that caused.

14. No president wants to go down in history as the stoner president.

When a president leaves office. Often presidents will do things in their final days that are politically unpopular like granting clemency.

It is a longshot, but i would like to see an executive order that is good for legalization in obama's last days before he leaves office.

I hope the legalization train cannot be stopped, but i think an ultra conservative would defiantly slow the momentum. Even a so called ultra-left wing administration drags it feet on the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #35 Antics, Feb 14, 2014
    I'm all for legalizing it. But even if they legalize it on the federal level, you still have individual state laws to deal with. Which I find ironic, I pay taxes to both, yet if federal says its legal, state can still get me.

Or like Washington state.. Or Colorado.. it's legal there. But then Federal can still get you.

Hell.. I don't even smoke it now.. haven't smoked any in over a decade lol. I don't even know why I bought seeds lol.

But in all my experience using, no addicitons to it (obviously it's enjoyable, and you'd like more, but I saw no real dependence/addiction to it), No dangerous side effects, No mood swings, No violent behavior, no hallucinations (and no I don't call occasionally hearing something a hallucination, this happens even while completely sober, I believe it's just your imagination creating something from something else)

And on the medical level? Shit.. don't get me started. It's been used for CENTURIES medicinally. It's even being used now, with proven results on a multitude of illnesses, diseases, and disorders. The thing that gets me the most, is the little kids with dravet syndrome. It's an epilepsy disorder, and in many cases, standard medicines have little to no effect. Some kids have it so bad that they're having as many as 200 seizures an hour. There's a little girl Charlotte (I'm sure most of you have seen the story) That is now being treated with a strain that has been bred to produce high levels of CBD, and she is now living a normal life, with almost no seizures at all. After CBD treatment, they've proven to reduce the number of seizures to 1 or less PER WEEK.

If that isn't proof, what else do they need?

If it's one thing I don't like to do is stick my nose into politics. But with that said, Why would Obama even care about legalization on his clock, when Osama Bin Laden was captured and killed on his clock, and the US started pulling it's forces from Iraq and Afghanistan? His legacy is pretty much cast in stone as the President who captured America's Public Enemy #1.

He's now a lame duck president. This will have to be something the next Commander in Chief will need to address.

We're halfway through the door. More then where we were 10 years ago. Imagine the next 10 years, with the momentum we have gained thus far.

17. His legacy is in the toilet with his baby O'bummer care. He is doing everything he can to not go down as the worst president ever. Don't think he wants to be remember as the worst president ever and the guy who rescheduled mj. I don't think so.

18. Or maybe, just maybe rescheduling would be considered a positive for his image? It would be to voters, and right now the first party to embrace at least rescheduling can take a considerable advantage in the eyes of young and educated voters who know the lies about cannabis and the laws(which is growing by the minute, thank you internet). Not saying its going happen for sure, but its moving that way.

19. Doesn't it suck that we have all these rich people making decisions on what we can consume ? Not only that but I bet majority of them have never smoked marijuana

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. #40 claygooding, Feb 14, 2014
    I don't think he will have to,,three,four seated prohibition supporters or major state candidates(Governors,AG's) start losing  to reform candidates will result in a lot professional politicians jumping on this 300 mph legalization train,,and a lot of the slow thinkers will get run over on the tracks,,CHOO CHOO mfers ,,go loud and go proud,,and straight if possible,,don't allow them to use your questions to be on the six o'clock news.unless they are so common sense and science based they have to show the reaction of the politician to it.

To distance themselves from all the damage done by marijuana prohibition legislators not running this time could sign letters like the one 18 legislators recently did,,,people that have always voted more drug war will be the first to sign it.