Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Congratz Maryland

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by PlatinumKock, May 12, 2011.

1. Well, it's the name.

2. Sweet man, hopefully the quality/price goes down or something. I know a guy who can probably score a card to.

3. uh...thought we had 16, so that would be the 17th...(or 16th if you don't count washington dc as a state...)

anywhoo, 17 'states' now...:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

4. There already were 15 states plus DC. They are calling this "15 and a half" because it is not fully legalized for medical use. Patients may still be subject to arrest, criminal prosecution, and a possible fine. This law just strengthens the affirmative defense for medical necessity that Maryland previously had on the books.

No dispensaries, no legal means of distributing medicine, no cultivation, etc...

Every step in the right direction helps though.

Also keep your eye on Delaware. It looks like it may soon be the true "16th state".

5. we need 27 states to make a countrywide movement though don't we?

6. as a resident of maryland this makes me happy, but its not like it did anything for the average smoker.

7. think of it as a step in the right direction tho, scar

8. Congrats! But don't let this go to your heads! You guys still have a ways to go!

So get a copy of my List, (see the bottom of my sig) and keep flooding your politicians with MMJ articles and studies. Most politicians won't do anything unless it gets "personal" (or they get bribed enough :p ). Until it hits home with a niece suffering from breast cancer, an uncle with the first stages of Alzheimer's or a wife dealing with Crohn's, they will follow the governmental line and vote NO.

You just have to keep sending in different articles until you get a "BINGO!" [​IMG]

A few months ago, a politician said he went in thinking he would vote NO on a MMJ bill. But one of the people who testified was a woman who had the same neurological disorder as his daughter. After listening to her, and learning what cannabis can do, he had a change of heart- and voted YES! It got personal.

We won't have as much luck as that :( - it will be far slower going -but you just have to keep sending in articles. Drops of water can wear away the hardest rock. You keep mailing in those studies and eventually, you will make your point!

Cannabis IS medicine! And we have the studies to prove it!

Granny :wave: