Congrats Maryland now the 19th med marijuana state

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by budjones, Apr 8, 2013.

1. wow a vote of 42-4 lol. What a sweep. Congratulations to all you out east what a huge victory!

2. How easy is it going to be to get a card?
    I feel like its barely going to have any effect

3. and ohio still cant get medical. Wtf. I swear this state aint medical cuz I live in it.

4. That's awesome news! But I'm wondering what will qualify you.. Hopefully it's not as bad as DC where you pretty much gotta be aids ridden to get a card.

5. Hopefully it's better then NJ as well...

6. this is the worst possible solution possible, 10 gram limit and huge taxes on growers will mean that patients have to either go bankrupt or illegally grow/buy their own

there will be an increase in marijuana crime because of these stupid rules, and they will cite this as proof that medical marijuana does not work, and then they will take it away. thats my guess honestly

7. Sweet. Right below Pa. Looks like prices are gonna go down and hopefully this may influence surrounding states.

8. Don't be fooled. This is progress but not a good bill at all. The medical marijuana will only be distributed and grown by academic medical centers. Distribution is not expected to begin until 2016, at the earliest. The qualified academic medical centers have expressed no interest in participating in the program. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't choose to participate. These big universities receive millions in federal funds and the federal government has still not okayed medical marijuana. They won't risk losing these vital dollars in order to grow and distribute marijuana, even for strict medicinal purposes.

9. I guess is that this was passed as way for the state reps to say "We're on your side" without actually allowing it to happen..... it put the universities in a real catch 22....and I believe that leastrock has nailed it, the heads of the universities won't want to give up the federal funds....

10. It's a good start for our state.

11. This issue will progress and evolve over the next few legislative sessions IMO. Looking forward to following some local controversy. Hopefully this gets a lot of coverage on local news (or national, but probably not).

I agree with the idea that this is a way for legislators to get on our side without actually allowing much to change. Think of it as a formal endorsement--a message to the Feds that this is a real issue and we need changes at the top. It's a conservative approach compared to other states, but again, it sends a message.

12. #13 budjones, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    Exactly. The most important part of this is, it expands the conversation at the national level and moves us faster and closer to common sense marijuana reform in this country.

13. WAY TO GO, MARYLAND! :yay:

19 states + DC = 38.5% of the US with medical use. There is NO WAY that MMJ can be kept at "Schedule 1" if more than half the states have legally said that cannabis does have medical use! [​IMG]

25 states (1/2 of the US) - 19 MMJ states = just 6 more states needed! DC becomes our "tie-breaker" to put us over 50%! [​IMG]

Here's who you need to write- Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov :D

Granny :wave: