Confused

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shaded27, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Hi guys

I have two plants in a dwc tub system.

One is a fem nirvana northern lights, the other was a seed that was given to me.

I know I shouldn't have taken the risk putting an un-known with my fem, but I did (and I'm kicking myself)

The plants are only young 3 weeks from seed, so I didn't think it was possible for them to show pre-flowers, but the one looks like its showing balls :(

image-3608423924.jpg

It looks like a boy yeah?

Any suggestions on what I can do?
    I can't remove it as the roots are in the res, and I can't kill it cause the roots will rot and destroy my Northern lights.

Should I continue to prune it so no flower sites can mature but the plant will stay alive?

2. You're gonna have to kill it unless you want seeds

3. Looks 100% male to me btw

4. I need to some how keep it alive without letting any male flowers mature. I'm thinking of cutting off most of the plant and just keep the bottom part alive so I don't have any rotting matter in my system.

Or should I take the risk of trying to remove the whole plant and roots without disturbing the northern lights?

Another option I'm thinking is to take cuttings off my NL and then start again. It's a shame as my NL is looking good.

5. Are the roots incredibly tangled in the reservoir or something?

6. They are not too bad yet.

image-1375781927.jpg

image-2868419856.jpg