Confused. When to switch to flower??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Staynew49, Jul 29, 2020.

1. I just found out that the seedling stage is about two weeks then your plant is considered to be in veg. So at 6 weeks from sprout I should start to flower?
    IMG_20200726_232900.jpg
    My beauties!

2. When it comes to photos, If I was to LST/Top/Lolipop I’d veg from 4-6 weeks then flower just because when you flower theyre sure to stretch!

3. They're almost 3 weeks old and I just started lst today, so should I give it the 6 weeks so they can be training, because one week can't be enough time for training right?

4. I actually low stress all the way until almost harvest, just to keep a even lighting. I’m thinking about doing a ScroG. But you can almost low stress after 3 weeks a lot of photos/autos like low stress helps give more light to lower nodes. I always low stress and wait 2 days and adjust my ties again

• Like Like x 1
  5. At a minimum I like to wait till the plants have reached maturity. This is usually around 6-7 weeks. You can tell maturity when the newest nodes start growing non-symmetrically. This is when you can definitively tell sex as well. I think flowering before maturity stunts growth quite a bit, which is why 12/12 from seed gets such inconsistent results.

It's fine to wait longer to fill out the canopy as well, but that's dependent on strain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. I do about 8 weeks from seed to 12/12 flip

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks for the advice appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
  8. yes, your good to go, let them grow a bit more if space allows, remember your plant will DOUBLE in size during "stretch" (two weeks after flipping). You will get a bigger yield if you let it grow a bit more but if you want to harvest as early as you can, flip in within the next two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Choosing when to flower photo's is all about the size of the plant in relation to the room/canopy. You want a nice full canopy once the stretch is done.

Do you have a picture of your entire room?.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yea I'm gonna go with two more weeks. These pics have the light on sorry, haven't had a chance to get new ones yet but you can see the setup

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm stupid with some terms so I'm curious what you mean by "flipping"

Sent from my SM-A715F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. It's when you change or 'flip' your lights to a 12/12 cycle to start flowering.

13. It will be 6 weeks on the 14, so I'm going to start flowering. Here they are a couple of days ago. My only problem is how to bring my humidity to 30-40% for the flower stage, it runs between 50-60% right now and I'm having a hard time getting it any lower

Attached Files:

14. I used to live in Oregon and grew inside, very fuckin hard to get it below 50%. I tried a dehumidifier for a while (still didn't help much) but learned just putting fans on it while it flowers is better. After I put a few dollars in a clip fan and filter fan system, I stopped using the dehumidifier altogether afterwards. Moving air around ALL the buds is important if you can't drop the humidity. Grow smaller within your space and "spread" your branches apart so there is plenty of space between colas. You might get a few wind burn leaves here and there but its better than bud rot.

15. I agree, I have great air circulation 6 fans around the room, they are not in the closet anymore I have hung the light from the ceiling and spread them in the bedroom itself. It doesn't ever feel humid or moist, nice and breezy. The 14 will be 6 weeks and the start of flower. I'll take some pics in a bit