confused or patience

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by punkrocktoker, Jan 16, 2008.

1. hello, i curently have two plants growing.i veged them for six weeks with no problems.
    well anyway 18 days ago i changed the light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12 and these things have not shown sex yet.should i just wait it out? or maybe ive got some stuborn plants .

anybody expierienced anything like this before?

thanx for all and any answers recieved.

2. Yeah, unfortunately there isn't much you can do but wait...some are just slower than others.

Wouldn't hurt to do a double check and make sure you don't have any light leaking in for their 12 hours of dark. About all I can think of.

Good luck - OGH

3. thanx for the quick response,i checked the room for light leaks before any thing was grown.

4. Great, then you should be fine...just a few more days hopefully!

5. What strain? Some sativas can take longer.

What light spectrum you using?

One hopefully good sign is that males often pop before females, so you could look at it that the longer it takes to show sex the more likely it will be female...

6. they are bagseeds,so who knows.however it was i would say mid quality.as for lighting i veged them under florecents,and currenty they are under 70watts hps modified floodlight detached the ballast and starter and made my own hood.

im on a budget so im down with the DIY

7. Can you use the HPS and the flourescent lights? My 70W hps only has 4900 lumen output. I am just now flowering under artificial light for the first time, but I understand that light intensity is even more important during flowering.

8. my light is 5600L.i figure its better than flowering under floros and im not going for a record yeild or anything its just personel home grown stash.
    but correct me if im wrong,70watts hps on 12/12 cycle should induce flowering.
    yes,no,maybe so?

9. Yes it would.try a 10/12 cycle and see if she will tip sounds like an equatorial sativa to me.if thats the case then flowering indoors under such a small light will be dificult.she will liklly steatch way out of controle.Yo0u could also try lowering the N content when you feed.to much n can slow flowering.

10. this is just freaking crazy,still no sign of sex yet.there is preflowers but nothing else.i even did a double check for light leaks.

11. Where there are preflowers, there will (should) be flowers. It seems like a long time to begin flowering, but if I have learned anything from gardening, it is patience. Everything sounds like it is good. Just give it time.

Also, any reason you're not using both the HPS and the CFLs?

12. patience mate.

they will show as not unusuall for signs not too show till 3 weeks into flowering but will help if you had a more powerful light source, can you put normal house lamps in to increase the light?

if not just be patient mate they'll show SOON;)

13. the room is in the attic and is 2ftL-2ftW-6.5ft tall.reason for not using both cfl and hps is that i dont realy like the idea of having all those extra wires hanging around or burning my house down.on another note i completly overlooked my fans,they both have 1 red led on each.could that cause my problem and is this going to increase the chance of hermies.

later on GC

14. even very small amounts of light can affect the plants cycle. in terms of the led's themselves, im not 100pct sure - but the darker the better.

15. well,its been 14 days since i last posted and the plants are healthy and green and about 24cm tall,they havent grown much since the 12/12 switch and still no sign of sex.wtf. im going to shut off the lights for 48hrs then back to 12/12. im getting desperate and if this doesnt work then both of those bitches are getting the fucking axe.

i dont know what else to do

16. Are you making sure to look at every node?
    Personally I would go with only 24 hours darkness if your having trouble being patient. Its all you can do, not like you can yell at em or anything ;)

17. yea, i check everyday magnifing glass.im just in hurry because i have to move in 2 months,

18. Ouch! Well good luck mate, time will come.

19. Plants see all colors of light except green,the red LEDs could be enough for the plant to still think its in veg.Cover any lights no matter how small,ive read 99% dark sometimes isnt good enough but 100% always is best.With only 8 weeks left you still have a good chance of success,decrease your light those last 2-3 weeks to 8-10 hrs if they bud to ripen faster if you run out of time,good luck bro!!!

20. YAY,1 girl and 1 boy(DEAD). thank you guys for all yer help and to sum this all up,patience is key in growing. thanx again gc.

peace out