Confused, not stoned. Need help with a flowering week question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by playboy420, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Hi I am not sure why I am confused but I cannot tell if I am on week 2 or 3 or flower, I know it sounds dumb..

I started flowering on 5/28

Now 5/28 - 6/4 is week one on my chart below right?

6/4 - 6/11 was week two on my chart correct?

and 6/11 - 6/18 is week 3 correct?

Is that right. I just feel like for some reason I am still in week two, but I am in week 3 correct? So I should follow the week 3 guidelines correct? Sorry I am so confused:smoke:

This chart is not what I follow just an example of the one I follow..

Attached Files:

2. take flower date--5/28. now add 8 weeks and its party time:D. unless its a sativa. so 7-28 harvest. good luck

3. I don't know about any marijuana specific chart like the one you are referencing. Most charts are general guidelines, and most marijuana species don't need as much as suggested on those charts during flowering.

I try not to think about "week 1" as much as I do "Phase 1."

The first phase of flowering is the sex show, early flowers, and a shift of attention for the plant. This phase is very short; lasting anywhere from 4 to 14 days. During this time MJ is eating about as much nutrients as it can.

The second recognizable phase involves the stretching of the flowering period. During this time flower production is slowish but the plant will basically double in size. This is a medium long phase lasting 10 to 20 days. This is a common time to see micro-nutrient deficiencies begin, as well as potassium deficiency. Macro-nutrients aren't in as high demand as iron, calcium, and magnesium.

The third phase seems to be more flower formation and you might notice the stem thickening. This phase overlaps a little with the second phase so it is hard to tell the two apart in the thick of it. This phase is long, lasting 20 to 40 days and requires a decreasing amount of nutrients as it goes on.

The final phase is the swelling and ripening phase where you will see more old stigma begin to turn from white to orange/pink/brown than new flowers form. During this time the nutrient requirements for marijuana is VERY low, especially during the last 7 to 10 days. This phase can last a while as well, especially for Hazes, going on for another 20 to 40 days.

Here's my feeding schedule as planned, you can take from it what you will.

Process:
    \t:: May 13th ::
    Expansion of single Botanicare cocogro brick. 1 gallons of RO water with 7.5ml Canna Coco A, 7.5ml Canna Coco B, 20ml Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus, 17.5ml Canna Rhizotonic, 5ml Liquid Karma balanced at 5.5 pH.
    Using Rootmaker II 32-tray to start 12 seeds: 5 fem'd Nirvana Blue Mystic, 5 fem'd GHS Lemon Skunk, 1 DNA Shark's Breath, 1 DNA Cole Train
    \t:: May 14th to May 27th ::
    Feed using RO water treated with 5ml Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus, 5ml Liquid Karma and 15ml Canna Rhizotonic and 2.5ml canna A&B per gallon. ~1oz every 30 hours
    \t:: May 28th ::
    Expansion and rinse of Botanicare cocogro bricks. RO water with 10ml Canna Coco A, 10ml Canna Coco B, 15ml Organicare Calplex, 10ml Organicare Huvega, 15ml Organicare Humega, 7.5ml Organicare Seaplex and 7.55ml Canna Rhizotonic - per gallon, balanced at 5.6 pH.
    Transplanted all started seedlings into 1 gallon round Rootmakers. Begin using 400w Metal Halide lamp.
    \t:: May 28th to June 14th ::
    Feeding using RO water treated with Organicare Calplex 15ml, Organicare Huvega 15ml, Organicare Humega 15ml, Organicare Seaplex 7.5ml every week, Canna Rhizotonic 7.5ml, Canna Coco A 7.5ml, Canna Coco B 7.5ml – per gallon balanced at 5.7
    \t:: June 15th to July 1st ::
    Feeding using RO water treated with Organicare Calplex 15ml, Organicare Huvega 15ml, Organicare Humega 15ml, Organicare Seaplex 7.5ml per week, Canna Rhizotonic 5ml, Canna Coco A 10ml, Canna Coco B 10ml balanced at 5.7.
    \t:: June 21st ::
    Expansion of Botanicare cocogro. RO water with 15ml Canna Coco A, 15ml Canna Coco B, 30ml Organicare Calplex, 30ml Organicare Huvega, 30ml Organicare Humega, 10ml Organicare Seaplex, 10ml Liquid Karma - per gallon, balanced at 5.5 pH.
    Transplant all plants to 3 gallon planters and begin scrog
    \t:: July 1st ::
    Put clones in 1 gallon planters. Begin Flowering on other plants.
    \t:: July 1st to July 15th ::
    Feeding using RO water treated with Organicare Calplex 15ml, Organicare Huvega 15ml, Organicare Humega 15ml, CannaZym 10ml, Canna Coco A 10ml, Canna Coco B 10ml, CannaBoost 15ml balanced at 5.7.
    \t:: July 15th to July 22nd ::
    Feed with PK 13/14 4ml per gallon every other feeding for 1 week using RO water treated with Organicare Calplex 20ml, Organicare Huvega 10ml, Organicare Humega 15ml, CannaZym 5ml, Canna Coco A 7.5ml, Canna Coco B 7.5ml, CannaBoost 10ml, pH balanced at 5.8.
    \t:: July 22nd to August 12th ::
    Feeding using RO water treated with Organicare Calplex 10ml, Organicare Huvega 15ml, Organicare Humega 15ml, Organicare Seaplex 5ml per gallon once per week, CannaZym 10ml, Canna Coco A 5ml, Canna Coco B 5ml, CannaBoost 10ml, pH balanced at 5.8.
    \t:: August 12th to August 26th ::
    Feeding using RO water treated with Organicare Calplex 5ml, Organicare Huvega 5ml, Organicare Humega 7.5ml, CannaZym 10ml, Canna Coco A 2ml, Canna Coco B 2ml, CannaBoost 5ml pH balanced at 5.8
    \t:: August 27th to September 9th ::
    Flush plants

4. Hi thank you both for responding, I guess what I was really getting at and what started my confusion was the pk 13/14 seems to be early in this feeding chart..

normally its given at like week 5, but it clearly states week 3 on that chart..

I have been flowering for 2 weeks and 5 days, the plants have stopped stretching and I think now is the time to give them the pk 13/14. Does anyone disagree that I should be giving them pk 13/14 so early into flowering?

5. Dude. Feeding wise, make it simple, try to go by a feel.but the guy above broke it down lovely. +rep

6. Yes, now is the time to use that PK 13/14.

You want to run it at about 3/4 recommended strength, every other feeding, and for not much if any longer than 10 days.

I've tried running it in weeks 5 and 6 and it's just too hot and your primary macro-nutrient should have all the P and K you'll need at that point. Weeks 5 and 6 are very light feed weeks for most strains (there are exceptions of course, Big Bud being one of them).

Basically, this stuff is flower Jet fuel and a plant doesn't need much to get good results from it. I run my PK 13/14 just as the stretch ends and the flower production really starts to get underway. You might be a few days behind when I'd do it personally, but I think that is alright.