Confused by crush, would like some help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by svtpm, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Some backstory (tl;dr at bottom): I had a crush on a girl in one of my classes and she seemed to show interest when we had a class together. She would always talk with me when we could, found me funny, and a few other subtle gestures and body language (indicating interest) which are too many too list. I planned on asking her out before our class together ended, but never did because I didn't have the guts. A week after that class ended, as a last ditch effort to talk to her again, I emailed her my phone number, and told her to text me if she wanted to hang out sometime. She did end up texting me, I was pretty happy that day. But I kinda blew it through texts and I could notice her lost of interest through text (shorter answers, didn't want to converse).
    \nNow heres where I need help.
    \n1. I (much) later told her that I used to have a crush on her in class. She just responded with "oh", but kept talking to me after. Ended with me asking her if she wanted to hang out with me and another mutual friend from our class. She said yes, but the couple days before she ignored my texts asking her if she still wanted to go. She didn't reply to them (she had her cellphone and must of read it, because my friend was texting her and she was responding). Why would she start ignoring them (and not show up)?

2. This is the most confusing part for me, after she ignored 3 of my texts I stopped and gave up hope again. About a week later, she randomly texts me an inside-joke that I made in the class, and we start talking about how she found really funny in that class, and I tell her that I want to hang out with her before summer ends. She agrees, and she answers my text asking if he she wants to chill at her place. But then starts ignoring my texts again. I asked her what time would work for her, and she ignored it, 3 days later I ask if a specific date would work her, and she ignored that as well. Why the heck does she randomly start talking to me, agrees to hang out, but starts ignoring again?

I would be certain she was into me if she weren't out of my league (I'm not ugly, shes just really attractive). So I have no idea why she shows signs of interest. She just finds me really funny and enjoys my presence and we have a few things in common, that's about it.

TL;DR: Girl shows interest on and off, agrees to hang out one second, starts ignoring my texts the next second (she definitely sees them). What are some reasons she might be doing that?

2. just quit being so persistent about it.  if she ignored it once either wait a while before you ever mention it again or let her bring it up next, hang with other girls until then.

girls are more attracted to you if other girls are attracted to you.

3. def agree with TimothyTheFirst. maybe she's just overwhelmed and feels you're coming on a bit strong?

hope it all works out for you. :)

4. Just be honest, tell her she is a bitch. 

5. in situations like this my friend used to say "she's playing hard to get " but to me that has always meant she doesn't want your ass haha.

she already knows you like her, so let her make the move. let her ask you to hang out. personally I don't like it when girls come at me too strong. it's a turnoff when I get put on a pedestal, and it seems like that's what you're doing to her. give her some space. if all else fails, I could go and help you rape her

6. in situations like this my friend used to say "she's playing hard to get " but to me that has always meant she doesn't want your ass haha.

she already knows you like her, so let her make the move. let her ask you to hang out. personally I don't like it when girls come at me too strong. it's a turnoff when I get put on a pedestal, and it seems like that's what you're doing to her. give her some space. let her miss you. notice how she randomly txts you sometimes? thats cuz she misses you. if you're asking to hang out all the time, she won't have a chance to miss you. if all else fails, I could go and help you rape her

7. Tip: girls are complicated. Might be giving you the cold shoulder cause she just wants to be friends

8. she isn't showing interest. if anything she seems like she thinks of you as a friend and you're making it awkward by pursuing her

reason for it is because you're too passive. putting the pussy on the pedestal can get you friendzoned

9. play a bit hard to get man it could go well for you she seems like she is getting bored since your always available to talk to her and hang out.

10. He can't play hard to get if she lost interest.

11. #12 Hello there!, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    She sounds like a flake.

I know, I suffer terribly from it.

12. Women are the most confusing animals on Earth. Men will never figure them out.

13. Shes basically only talking to you when its convenient or she wants attention. She doesn't like you bro.

14. She doesnt like you man. She likes talking to you and thinks your cool, but you basically worshipped her as a queen. Most women hate that and dont like guys comin on to them. You should have acted uninterested. Girls like the mystery of knowing whether a guy is interested or not.

15. in my experience, this is so true. it sounds stupid, but some girls really don't like to be worshiped. it creates this expectation, and can put so much pressure on you. it's such a huge turn off for some girls.

16. hope it works out good for youjust stop. u let her know how you feel. stop talking to her, she knows how you feel, when shes ready she will let you know somehowmake her come to you now, reel her in, guide her and hopefully that tactic will worksome girls dont like guys who keep pestering them

17. dont let her think shes the only fish in your little pond by trying to talk to her all the timelet her think, shes not the only one

18. #19 letsmokeasweet, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    dont let her think shes the only fish in your little pond by trying to talk to her all the time let her think, shes not the only one

sorry i doubled posted. i wish i knew how to delete it. im still learning this new format lol

19. She doesn't see you as more than a friend . If she did, she'd be interested in spending more time with you. She probably just doesn't want to come off rude by saying no. Honestly I'd just move on, stop putting so much time into someone that isn't interested in giving it back