Confused About My Direction in Life

Discussion in 'General' started by antigone, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Today when I woke up something inside of me was different. For the last eight years of my life I've been attending college to become a doctor, and have these ambitions for many years prior to that. Now that the ending is coming near, I'm begining to recant and want a simpler lifestyle.

I know discussion on dealing is not allowed but that aside, I've been with the same crowd of friends for many years and have always grown my own and put a little green in the palm of my friends' empty hands. My parents are very well off, and have supplied me with adequate transportation, but I choose my 1995 Huffy Bike. I live in a small house in a gated community that is owned by my grandparents, rent free.

Today, I decided I want to abandon my studies once I graduate, and to ride around on my bike selling dreams and making cream while in the comfort of my friends companionship.

Any thoughts or speculation is welcomed, not sure where I was going with this one ... :rolleyes:

2. sounds good man, just dharma bummin around the country. I say, why the hell not, as long as u wait until u finish school, u'll have something to fall back on.

3. Go for it man, you have nothing to lose... Especially with that gigantic safety net of wealth to fall back on. Do whatever you want man, because people like you don't have to work a hard day your entire life... Get it while you can, because I can guarantee all the country club and yacht club meetings will start to take their toll on you.

4. go for it.

sounds like you've got nothing to lose..
    if it doesn't work out, at least you have something to fall back on.
    i say take advantage of that and do what your little heart desires. :)

5. Hey, if you graduate from medical school then you can go look for a job anytime.
    Don't waste your time going after something that you don't want to do. Go after something that YOU want to do.
    so riding harley bike across America is something that you wanted to do then go for it.:)

6. 8 years is a lot of time to spend in College man. After you graduate just take a year off and chill, you'll be able to get a job after that.

7. Do not underestimate the weight of happiness. You do what you need to feel that you are living the way you want to. Obviously, by studying medicine you have an adept ability to be determined and quite knowledgeable. For you to be unhappy, however, will not allow you to utilize your innate skills. Go ahead and do what you need to. Do what you feel is necessary. You have the choice by being human. The more individualism in this society the better we may function.

8. I know people who are doctors and make way more cake than dealers. I say get that shit over with so you have something to fall back on. Don't get caught up in the game, that shit gets tiring after awhile.

9. uh, no. Do not start pushing. It's that simple. Dude, you have to think long term here. You want to retire right? How about 50-55 instead of 70?? You need to think more long term buddy. Selling is bad because
    1.)Risk, competition and police. Lots of risk
    2.)It's not exactly a career move. You can't have any real tangible achievements ( awards, certificates, etc ) to show people as you get older, and people ask, what have you done, where have you been, what are your experiences? You can't be like, well i just sat around and sold weed for 5 years, that shit is pretty hard to explain why you weren't employed or going to school to pursue higher education(aka bettering yourself) becomes a big deal as you get older.
    3.)90% of the people you meet are fucking retarded and will almost always snitch on you if they get caught, for a lower sentence.
    4.)There are just so many ways to get caught its not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

fuck, do both if you want, but don't just start to sell weed and sit around and do nothing all day basically. And if you do, don't make a fucking career move of it, dude.