Confused about Foxfarm nutrients...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mashiro, Feb 20, 2012.

1. I'm thinking about buying the Foxfarm lineup of nutrients, but I'm not sure how to use them or when. Right now my sprout is just a few days old, so I'm not terribly worried, but it is something I need to read up on.

What's the difference between Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom? Which one will I need first and when should I start adding it?

2. u need all three
    grow big is for veg
    big bloom and tiger bloom are for flower
    look on foxfarms.com for a feeding schedule

3. You need all three. Often nutrients are sold in a trio or A + B formula. A lot of times various nutes should not be stored together...there all added into the water though then you ph balance and watered together.

You can buy the FF Farms Trio together in a pack it will come with a feeding chart that is idiot proof as well.

You should be adding nutes your 3rd or 4th week then not at full strength. You work your way up.

4. Thanks Rhapso. :)

5. the big bloom is a very weak fertilizer @ .01-.3-.7 and is the main nute used all the way thru growing also feed twice a week

6. NP in that feeding sched those other nutes other then the ones in green are optimal supplements. There added at various stages. The green ones are your base nutrients.

Other then the trio I would pick up some Bontanicare Cal-Mag. Since nute companies are in the business of selling stuff theres often not enough Calcium. Magnesium and Iron. Even if your properly nuting you can still get nute deficiencies. When I notice a issue I add some of that to my mix. It often solves a wide range of issues.

Amazon.com: Botanicare CAL-MAG Plus Quart: Patio, Lawn & Garden

7. I just picked up some Botanicare Cal/mag and I'm using fox farms trio. The cal/mags a big help

8. Yea! Its like a miracle solution at least imo. You can have all sorts of issues everything seems right, your nuting properly, ph is fine add that and in a short while problems seem to clear up. I wish I had known about that when I was starting out. I swear by it now.

I use Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow Bloom A/B but there cal-mag is a rip off I think. Theres is sold in a A B solution.

9. I like the Botanicare because it has nitrogen in it. Most others dont