Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Confronting my parents about weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheTrillest, Jan 12, 2014.

1. #1 TheTrillest, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    So I live with my parents while going to school and I want us to be on the same page about me smoking(because I know they think about it). And I'm tired of being sneaky about smoking.But let me give you some background info of what has been going on with them and weed. My Dad smokes weed and even uses the bowl he took from me when I got caught when I was like 15(he doesnt know that I found it and know that he uses it). And he told me he knows about all my stuff(vape,bubbler,jar of weed,etc.) but he hasnt said anything to my Mom. So idk how he'll react about me confronting him.Now my Mom is ONLY against it because it's illegal but she knows my Dad does it and she has tried it a few times. She knows its less harmful than alcohol but it's illegal. And when I got caught when I was younger she was so pissed. And i dont plan on smoking in the house i just dont want to have to hide me shit from them and be worried about them finding it anymore.So how should I bring up the topic and what should I say? Sorry for the big ass story but I want your opinions. Thanks guysSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Tell this this,
    1. No one has ever overdosed or died from smoking too much weed. In the history of mankind.

2. There are more medical marijuana dispensaries than Starbucks in Los Angeles and Denver. Because reefer is safter than coffee.

3.From 1850 to 1942, marijuana was listed in the United States Pharmacopoeia as a useful medicine for nausea, rheumatism, and labor pains and could be purchased from pharmacies and general stores.

4.Studies have proven that the high from cannabis is very comparable to that of a runners high.

5.A recent study proved that cannabis aids both lung and breast cancer-and does not cause any form of cancer. It only cures.

6. Marijuana is used to fight other drug addictions-most recently, in Bogata Colombia.

7. Marijuana is not physically addictive

8. Health studies have proven there are no long-term health detriments from marijuana use-only benefits. And a little short term memory loss which comes back after abstaining from a short period of time dye to its neurogenisis.

9. Cigarettes Kill 443,000 people a year-in the United States Alone. Vending machines kill 10 people a year. That's 443,010 more than cannabis has ever killed.

10. Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug. Despite what DARE tells you, numerous studies have found it is a terminus and does not lead to other drug use.

4. Well as a parent I'd drag you outside and kick your ass.  Admittedly I'm a hard ass though.

5. [quote name="Forked Up2" post="19328442" timestamp="1389568704"]Well as a parent I'd drag you outside and kick your ass. Admittedly I'm a hard ass though.[/quote] The thing is I just dont understand why theyre so relaxed about me drinking but not smoking..Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [quote name="BrendanTen" post="19328426" timestamp="1389568467"]Tell this this,1. No one has ever overdosed or died from smoking too much weed. In the history of mankind.2. There are more medical marijuana dispensaries than Starbucks in Los Angeles and Denver. Because reefer is safter than coffee.3.From 1850 to 1942, marijuana was listed in the United States Pharmacopoeia as a useful medicine for nausea, rheumatism, and labor pains and could be purchased from pharmacies and general stores.4.Studies have proven that the high from cannabis is very comparable to that of a runners high. 5.A recent study proved that cannabis aids both lung and breast cancer-and does not cause any form of cancer. It only cures.6. Marijuana is used to fight other drug addictions-most recently, in Bogata Colombia.7. Marijuana is not physically addictive8. Health studies have proven there are no long-term health detriments from marijuana use-only benefits. And a little short term memory loss which comes back after abstaining from a short period of time dye to its neurogenisis.9. Cigarettes Kill 443,000 people a year-in the United States Alone. Vending machines kill 10 people a year. That's 443,010 more than cannabis has ever killed.10. Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug. Despite what DARE tells you, numerous studies have found it is a terminus and does not lead to other drug use.[/quote] wow, thank you. Where did you find all of this information?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

The internet.

8. List I made from clinical trials and secondary research :)

Well I don't pick favorites so I'd drag you outside and beat your ass for that to.

10. #10 tokeallday, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    oh shut up.. mr 'hard ass' LOL

Im a parent of three kids I do what I gotta do.  You get where I am and see if you think differently. 

12. [quote name="TheTrillest" post="19328356" timestamp="1389567391"]So I live with my parents while going to school and I want us to be on the same page about me smoking(because I know they think about it). And I'm tired of being sneaky about smoking.But let me give you some background info of what has been going on with them and weed. My Dad smokes weed and even uses the bowl he took from me when I got caught when I was like 15(he doesnt know that I found it and know that he uses it). And he told me he knows about all my stuff(vape,bubbler,jar of weed,etc.) but he hasnt said anything to my Mom. So idk how he'll react about me confronting him.Now my Mom is ONLY against it because it's illegal but she knows my Dad does it and she has tried it a few times. She knows its less harmful than alcohol but it's illegal. And when I got caught when I was younger she was so pissed. And i dont plan on smoking in the house i just dont want to have to hide me shit from them and be worried about them finding it anymore.So how should I bring up the topic and what should I say? Sorry for the big ass story but I want your opinions. Thanks guysSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]OP- Dad i smoke weed.Dad- Your done,*picks up phone*, im cling 911.OP- Fuck YouDad-I see the police officersCops-Your under arrest OPOP-NONONO!!Judge- OP i sentence you for 5 years in prisonOP-Fuck i should have been careful The EndThe morale of the story is "dont tell anyone you smoke weed, unless you know their 'chill' as fuck.

13. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That was stupid.

15. BumpSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Because somehow drinking is more socially acceptable in America. It's ass-backwards I know, but imo the best thing to do is be straight with them. Tell them you smoke, tell them why, and see what happens. I hid my smoking all through high school, and I really wish I hadn't. And you said you won't smoke in the house, but if what your mom's worried about is the illegality it's safer for you to smoke in the house than outside. Just be straight with them.

17. and while the cops are there show them Daddys bowl and stash. Come on man

18. [quote name="SantiagoDunbar420" post="19329392" timestamp="1389578173"]and while the cops are there show them Daddys bowl and stash. Come on man[/quote]Yo man just playing round

19. As parent, I know some day I to will have to face this. Are you of legal drinking age? If not just as the poster in the last 2 said dumb ass backwards American society accepts drinking if its underage, where as pot heads are nothing but drug addicts. The cool part is in some states herb is gaining the same social acceptance, the bad thing is in some states it's the exact opposite, and maybe mom is afraid of the social stigma of have a "druggy" child, or even thinks that by allowing Dad to enjoy the herb, that has put you on the same path.I have already stated explaining to my children that they have developing brains and that drugs (all, including prescribed doctor shit which is sometimes worse than herb) and alcohol will slow or deter some of the possible development. When they chose to experiment, I hope it's the herb and the need to explore is satisfied.PEACe

20. Dude, I wouldn't recommend it if your mom flipped out on your once.Also your dad stole your piece and is using it for his own personal gain, I find this most fucked up.In my opinion, I think you should continue to stay on the DL and keep all weed references (including positive and true information out the house).Your mom may scream at you for continued use, it will be much worse.Your dad will only follow your mom, cause moms rule the household if you really think about it.Obviously your parents love each other as she doesn't like usage of bud but still lives with your pothead father. This proves that your dad will not side with you, but rather your mother. His life long partner whom he vowed his life to.I suggest you stray away from this idea of opening up. Its too risky, not worth it."Bullshit from the asshole of an angel" - Slug