Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Confronted by dad

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sharks12, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I was just confronted by my dad about smoking pot. I am a really honest kid (18 years old) so I just confessed with no problems and said I do it. He wasn't yelling, or anything, he was very calm, but bottom line he does not want me to do it. He gives me booze, and lets me drink, but no weed. I really have no comebacks for this line he said at least 20 times; "It's illegal you cannot do it, I think you should respect my rules in my house just stop." I showed him my grades that have been getting better and he kinda didnt know what to say. Whenever I make a great point, he falls back on ITS ILLEGAL its bad it will make people think your bad. I told him I dont give 2 shits about what peopel think about me, but he said in life you are eventually going to care. He also said that he never tried it, thats why I think he deosnt understand. I really need help, if you need more info to give me good answers then ask away.

2. Roll an awesome blunt and smoke it with him

3. Tell him you respect him and his rules but you are going to smoke no matter who says you shouldnt. i did it to my parents, and it takes a while, but now they pretty much don't care

4. Get him to watch The Union. Might help your cause a little bit.

5. well, there's two "easy" ways out of this,
    one is to just stop smoking, the other is don't smoke at home or where your dad could get the slightest idea that you might be high, and try not to be high around him.
    alternatively, you could try explaining to him that weed is not bad, although this could take a great deal more effort.
    if you do decide to explain it to him, the easiest way to go about it is show him The Union. I don't know if you've seen it yourself, but it makes a strong argument about how stupid it really is for pot to be illegal, when in reality there's almost nothing wrong with it (unless you smoke like 10 jays made from printer paper a day for 30 years and you get lung cancer...but thats a different story). But then if he still comes back saying "It's Illegal", all it shows is that he hasn't listened to anything the movie said (or what you tell him, which is probably in the movie), and in this case your only option is to either stop doing weed or continue without telling him.

6. I think he was fair about it.

I think the best thing you can do, is be respectful and not do it in the house, since he's the one paying for it, its good to respect that.

I think he would like knowing that your respectful enough to not do it in the house. Don't tell him your not going to smoke anymore, just let him know that your fine with that, and that you are aware that your smoking is illegal... Yet you keep good grades, and sounded like you were respectful with the confrontation.

Good luck,

I'm just shelling out advice from a pretty similar conversation I had with my parents.

7. my mom flips when she smells it. just do it at friends houses its easy to stop doing it at home. i get real jealous of people i know who can toke up at home whenever. btw i'm 18 also.

8. Just tell him alcohol kills 50 people a day (true), a current or former tobacco smoker dies every 6.5 seconds (true) and noone has died from weed (true, except that dude that had a heart attack from it, but thats one dude in recorded history). Therefore the only question is legality, which you then tell him wont be an issue as long as your not stupid about it.

9. If you're located somewhere you can get it medicinally, get a club card, therefore it's legal and you have a good reason to smoke it.

10. Thanks a lot for the posts guys. I really wanna keep fighting to smoke marijuana. I have seen that documentry and loved all of it. But I really think it will do nothing, my dads kinda one of those guys thats do it my way or your fucked lol. I still think im going to show it to him, and he really does think I'm a good kid and smart and not going to turn out like a bad druggie kid. He doesn't even think it's that bad for you since I made so many amazing arguments about it. I made the alcohol argument, grades, life, friends, people who do it, famous people but it alywas goes back to its illegal and i dont like it. I got till 7 o clock tonight (about an hour and a half) to come up with a decision and some good points. I basically need a point form list for why it's not bad and why I should still be allowed to do it.

11. Don't smoke at their house... plain and simple. Their house, their rules, you're living under THEIR roof that they supply for you. My parents are the same way.... cept my dad sounds a lil more strict, but I've told both of them I smoke every now and then.... hell when my dad went into surgery and had a 50/50 chance of living .... I told my mom face to face im smoking to sleep cause I wouldn't have been able to (we were at the hospital from like 6 PM till like 4 AM, not fun at all when your dads life is in the line).

Anyway, just respect their rules which it sounds like you're kinda doing, just don't be dumb. :D

12. If worse comes to worse, tell him you will respect his rules and not smoke or have anything in his house; You will, however, still smoke though. You're grown

13. #14 XjumpmanX, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    show him some real comparisons to alcohol. and if your 18 then he should respect your choice as long as its not hurting you

14. His house his rules.

If it was me:

Stop smoking in the house, don't store stash or paraphenalia in the house.

Try to educate him, which will be much easier once you have agreed to his rules. Use websites like NORML or Drug Policy Alliance to show him the truth about MJ. Both those sites list sources for every single claim they make, unlike the anti-MJ sites which rarely use any data and when they do it is so distorted as to be useless...

Move out if it is an option?

15. I had the exact oppisite problem with my dad. He never really cared that I smoked, but he hated me drinking, he kicked me out for a few days when he found out i threw a party when he was gone. Although he did have good reason. At the end of my junior year, one of my good friends (played hockey with him all throughout highschool, our parents are both good friends too), was a senior. We were at a grad party, I left early and went somewhere else. At like 2am they decided to go for a cruise, my friend was driving, he was 3 times the legal limit, doing 80 in a 25, wrapped his car around a tree, and ended up killing the passenger in the front seat (one of my friends), and injuried the two passengers in the back seat... yeah, that was a fucked up way to start the summer.

...i guess this was a little off topic. lol.

16. It's also illegal to distribute alcohol to anyone under the age of 19 (21 in some places), your fathers argument is null. It would be a good idea to not do it in his house since he seems to have a problem with it.

17. If the only problem is legality tell him he lets you drink even though you are only 18, which is illegal too. If he understands everything else you've been saying he can't argue that, but he might make you stop drinking too then, which would be a bummer.

18. Damn, your 18, so hes gotta be like oldish. I can't imagine living my whole life without even just trying it. Open his world up dude, smoke him on a blunt.

19. mom came home shes not down. ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL :mad: