Confrontation

Discussion in 'General' started by brewsky, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Wouldnt the world be a better place without it?

2. We need some confrontation.
    What if no one's willing confront an aggressor?

3. Bah. Peace is stagnation.

4. valid point

5. It would be a better place without our corrupt government...?

6. a corrupt government huh..
    or a corrupt society? There are more of us than there are of them
    They play on our mass stupidity.

7. No.
    You have to fight sometimes

8. Violence in any form is never justified and is immoral. It should be avoided, even if you have to die for nonviolence.

I say this as a deep follower of Gandhi and a complete and total pacifist.

9. Can we play Polly Pocket together?

10. Let's just hotbox the whole damn planet, then everyone will be peaceful.

Just imagine it...the clouds in the sky...made of reefersmokage

That's the kind of world I one day wish to live in.

:smoking:

11. Confrontation is essential. Evil exists.... that is a fact of life. When good men do nothing, evil wins.

What if no one confronted Hitler during WWII?

12. In addition to the other points made here, conflict is necessary for evolution, both the genetic kind and the cultural kind.

13. Sometimes I feel like large periods of my life are nothing but one confrontation after another. There's always going to be haters so I guess it's important to learn not to sweat the small shit.

14. That's the problem, no one did. Neighboring countries let hitler kill 2/3 of the jewish population. When hitler tried to attack those countries though, then they felt obligated to do something. See, by not confronting, 6 million people were killed.

15. Ding ding ding.
    Enough said. No comment needed. I am def giving you a rep point for this post. :D:smoke:

16. Apathy is the first step towards a decaying society.
    Not even sure if I made that up or got it from somewhere.

17. Exactamundo....

We are all, individually and anthropologically, one big collection of self interests. Survival is the most primal of all instincts that we all have hard-wired into our brains. No matter how peaceful and anti-confrontation you may think you are, at the most basic of levels, you are all about yourself.

Taking that a step further, it would not be unreasonable to say that self-preservation and survival through any means (confrontation and war included) is the most pro-human concept.

Bottom-line: Survival is not only for the fittest.... it is also for those who are most in tune with their self-preserving instincts.

18. Violence is a part of all life. By saying we're above violence your saying we're above nature, which we're not, we're just smart animals.

19. Confrontation is inevitable, and in certain instances violence is justifiable by all means.