Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Conflicting Info on Freezing Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GCBuddy, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Hey guys, first time poster / member here.

So, I was at my local dispensary yesterday and I haven’t tried flower in ages, so I asked for advice and whatnot on storing the bud I had just bought. Long story short: I was told to put it (my Green Crack) in a mason jar and to put it in the freezer. Then I started reading online after having left it in the freezer for about 6 hours or so, and read that you should never store it in the freezer... I got paranoid, took the jar out (haven’t opened it) and put it away in one of my nightstand drawers.

Question is: Is my weed still good? Did I accidentally destroy it? I read that freezing it damages trichomes and decrease potency. Or am I good to go? It’s an air-tight mason jar, and I haven’t opened it after I took it out the freezer yet. Just planning on letting it “unfreeze” overnight, since I don’t want my bud to be brittle.

Thanks!

2. Freezing has always worked for me when I have had large amounts and have wanted to keep the smell down. I wouldnt do it for any other reason.

Some people freeze their weed before making extracts as they say its causes the tricholmes to fall off the bud easier. Im making some RSO oil today actually and I dont bother freezing it. Your weed will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You didn't hurt it but yes freezing weed is not a good storage method. Lots of us use different types of cold methods to extract concentrates from cannabis.

4. You can put it in a deep freezer,not a fridge freezer.Do not move it around once it's frozen for the reasons mentioned above.Do not let it get crushed.Do not fold,bend,or mutilate:)

Not a good idea though.

5. Wow, I’m impressed with all of the very good info and replies given. This forum is awesome! Thanks everyone :gc_rocks::thankyou:

Also, great! Glad my weed is fine :) won’t be putting back into my fridge freezer anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1