Confessions of an impatient grower

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by johnnytoobad, Mar 31, 2004.

1. lookin good! glad you have an addition to your project. one thing, hold off on the nutes on your seedlings, they wont need it for atleast 2-3 weeks. they will show you when they are hungry :)

2. sup naughty.....
    Its kinda hard not to get more involved and start new projects, when you have seen some sucess. Ie: saving the plants. I do however think this will be the extent of it. I have two lighting fixtures ya know, and my nutes, im gonna fashion a homemade co2 maker. got 3 fans and a good space. grower error is the only intangible. lol

I made up a gallon of bloom mix for the 4 old plants this am. fed to one (the one i know is thirsty) to make sure it takes it up or thrives or shows positive signs and not adverse. Ill know before the whole flock gets the dose. im being a lil more careful now as well.

i read somewhere that weed during flowering needs to be totally dark, and somewhere else i read that moonlight is about as much as they can take? anyone have any feed back.
    i had a wee bit of lumens escaping the veg area. i could barely make out the shapes silohettes of the sleeping plants. i considered it less than moonlight. in other words i can see better in moonlight in the woods....

Attached Files:

3. Happy easter all you wabbits'

Can you see the blonde color in the new growth areas? Would you say thats normal.
    Also, it would seem ive got three different types growing. Can anyone see the different fan leaves between the two pictured. The plant on the right is more broad leafed and the one on the left has the thin rigid type leaf. theres a third yet with stocky busty, almost dont look like weed. (note to self: when questioning where the cat nip seeds went refer to this thread.)

Anyways whats the city think. what kind of pot am i workin with? i know you cant tell me what strain but the type it is?
    Peace, i hope you mo fos answer not the best picture

Attached Files:

4. did you wire that fluro?

Attached Files:

5. I new to growing so this may not be right but I'll give it an educated guess. The different types of leaves might just be indicating different pheno types. I'm going to assume the thinner leafed plant is more sativa while the broader leafs might indicate that the other is more indica. That may not be completely correct, but hopefully somebody will either confirm what I said or tell you what is correct.

As far as the light leak goes. I'm assuming that plants must be able to endure moonlight during they're dark period. If they couldn't then they would never flower in the wild. But as far as indoor gardening goes, I've heard use only green lights if you have to disturb your grow during the dark period..... But I would be seriously concerned about any light leaks, you definately don't want your crop to be pollinated by a stressed at hermie.

Just a couple ideas really. :)

6. just noticed you did lol

7. hey shorty hey thug....

Yep i wired it rather easily once i knew my game plan. A little accomplishment in and of itself....

Thanks shorty for that explanation. THats what i thought but heres another question? is that it sativa and indica? are those the two types?

The light leak..... I added cardboard to the effected area but was so tired last night I didnt go check, to see if it helped but will tonight.....

lastly...... oh glorious seedlings.... out of 8 i lost one, one didnt ever break the shell. stem came up and out but still has yet to bust the leaves. (im chalking it up as lost) so i got 6 and am considering doing more this week like 4or 5 once i see that the conditions are good enough to get them going strong.......

8. if at all possible, you dont want any light leak if possible. you can easily end up with hermies. im sure you prolly already explained your grow space, its in a closet? or box? the cardboard could possibly be constructed to help with leak problem

9. hey naughty

the grow space is in a attic now. i split off the veg area and flower area with a plethera of cardboard, tarps, blankets, and sleeping bags. i was just up there for the lights to go out. heres what i saw.

i can see the glow of the fluros from the flower area but from 1 foot away from the sleeping plants i couldnt make them out either i couldnt make anything out. except the foot or two that the glow of the fluro put off aprox 8 or 9 feet away. and lastly the glow points away. im thinkin if i cant see anything within 7 feet of the flowering its ok. ITS DARK. and if i say its dark in caps its DARK!!!!!!!!!

Ok so i cant see the plants when the lights off or the reflectors or the light or anything. Im pretty sure its good now.

began to train the sativa plant

10. About your sativa/indica question. The answer is kinda like this. Some plants are almost pure indica ----> short, bushy, high yeilds, faster flowering time, broad leaves, stoned kinda high. (Lowryder is a good example.) Some plants are almost completely sativa ----> tall, less bushy, less yeilds, looser buds, longer flowering, thin leaves (some times up to 11 points), and very up kinda high (somewhat cerebaral/insightful). And an example of that would be like Apollo 11.

Now as far as most strains are concerned they are a blend between the two. And the strain itself can very from plant to plant. Some seedlings are vigorous, some are more thirsty, some have narrower leaves. Thoose are all traits of the phenotype. And they're all things you should consider when picking your mother plant...... I like to think about pot in people terms sometimes so this is the way I see it.

I meet a beautiful woman that can really take my feet out from under me. She smells lovely and she moves so fast.

I am the cream of the crop too, as she knows. I'm vigorous and smell wonderful as well.

The two of us make babies. Since we're the best we'll make the best babies.

All of our babies are different, some are better is certain areas then others, but we have to pick one that we think is just perfect.

We pick the one that we love the most and now she's the mother carrying on our great family name.

.......lmao :D I gotta put the bong down

11. well thats awesome information you have provided me with. thanks for not tellin me to read more lol

put 2 plants into training last night. this morning come to look and wah lah theres about 6 different areas on each plant that have taken off. probrally a 1/4 to 1/2 inch overnight the new stuff grew, because its all very blonde like new growth is...Training becomes easier now...

12. hello all my name is ye ol birthmark. Im johnnytoobads plant posting today. Im his favorite allthough i think he'll chop me soon cause i just cant hold my manlihood in. anyways hes impressed with the blonde growth areas. I just keep growing and growing.........taken today folks

Attached Files:

13. remember me like this 8 days ago..... I must be living right.

Attached Files:

14. thats the same plant from 8 days ago? wow! what a difference, things are obviously going well with the training. glad you like it. im eyeing mine trying to figure out when i can get started. as soon as they get some height i suppose, they are are all squishy and fat, def indica :) sorry bout that, anyways, lookin good!

15. Ha Ha I aint got no herb no smokes no beer but i got a smile on my face. Thanks for the compliment. About 2 weeks ago i started to date my photos on the computer for the purpose of comparisons and im such a stoner i cant keep track of dates. I had to do a double take when i saw the dates and the progress. Im pissed that i stressed these plants so bad though early on in my ignorance. i wouldnt doubt that id get nothin but males and hermies. but thats why i started the blue mistys and shiva. and then today i read just exactly what whos y daddy is so i ploped 5 more of those into germanation.

16. 4-14-04

Things have slowed now. well for the old plants 4th day into flower. The seedlings are doing good besides a few warped twisted leaves. I think theyll straighten out. One seedlings stem is more red then im comfortable with. gonna wait and see what happens.

the pic is from today. This seedling broke dirt on 4-3-04. i started the germ on 3-31 i think. so 15 days from dry seed. better results would be nice, but they started the first part of their lives under the hps and stretched before i had the fluro wired. not too much stress just doesnt help to get things movin. set myself back 5 days. crappy pic as usual

Attached Files:

17. Im fine... I erased the thread on beginners cause the last reply freaked me out. heres one hiding spot when the lid is on

Attached Files:

18. My confessions to the city must end today for the time being as there are women problems in my life as well as the security breaches we all hate. Lifes a bit#$ right now and i gotta move on away from this sow ive been with for 3 long agonizing years. havent decided what to do with all that the city has helped me with. my plants might just chop em up and hash em or butter as i know they are bag seed and my sprouts are good weed..

I will live to write another day...... Kaiser sose

Thanks again city well see you guys around......