Confessions of an impatient grower

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by johnnytoobad, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Will Began the low down on this "thought out"grow. thoughts came an were acted upon. like hydroponics and a closet and bag seed and a half ass pump system.

Attached Files:

2. soon began to realize light was an issue but hey i got something

Attached Files:

3. it was promising almost. Estetic.

Attached Files:

4. Topped a little....

THIS IS MY EDIT THE PICTURE SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!

5. my big ol 400 watt whatcha ma call-it will all the do goggys came and i was hooked up!

22ND MARCH 2004

Attached Files:

6. Heat became a problem and the crazy light in my closet as well. I got A lil paranoid, the ladies felt my stress

tHIS IS MY EDIT: I DONT BELIEVE IT WAS HEAT. I WAS OVERWATERING. LESSON LEARNED

Attached Files:

7. Time to move so I can cool them down and get a little sleep at night not having to answer "Oh those? There just tomatos in this new fangled thing. MOVING DAY GOT REAL SUN! Woo Hoo!!!!

Attached Files:

• 0002.jpg
      0002.jpg
      File size:
      35.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Topped more of course as I cant keep my hands off them. Strangly something seems to be happening as they move to the confines of the attic. THe wilting scares the grower.

Attached Files:

9. Be my girl... Be my girl... Why art tho wiltest under my care!

Attached Files:

10. HMMMMMMM.... never thou shall forsake perlite and soil when thousest cannot get net baskets and meaningful mediums. Yet another switch in the impatient grow. (not really Impatient, this started on february 12th)

Attached Files:

11. And here we are on march 31. in the former pic there be some real white strain stuff sprouted. Everything green is from the bag seed...... ill be back some day......

Attached Files:

12. And now for the grow big or the dont grow at all. Started 5 seeds, 3 shiva indica, 2 blue misty.

Attached Files:

13. how was ur ventilation?

14. The ventilation in the closet was lacking. the ventilation in the attic rocks.This is a neat deal. we have an industrial sized exhaust fan over our kitchen, which happens to blow out in the same room as the plants now provides fresh air and warmth as its still cold here. have a fan on the light bulb now and one that brings fresh air from outside when its warm.
    Oh yeah specs 400 watt hps
    soil,
    , perlite
    flora gro series
    3 blue mystic
    3 shiva ,is my attempt right now
    why may i ask are you intrested in ventilation?

15. Man looking at all these pictures are giving me the biggest urge to go smoke.. i really need to move out of my parents house lol

16. i asked about ventilation coz it looks like to me not enough air ...dunno tho. also you may want to wrap something around the bottom of ur pots ...im just an amateur but i do believe i remember reading something about light being able to seep thru to the roots not being a good thing :confused: i maybe wrong...but just a suggestion and i am baked right now so maybe seein something differently ;)
    toke on :smoke:

17. so how's the set up now? they look a little unhealthy, start with a good space and you'll succeed. patience GRASShopper :)

18. the set up is a lil different. i explained in a different post i think. anyways got the 400 watt hps.( so powerful im struggling to get more plants under it to use all th 48k lumens. i put the ladies in an upper attic. i got an ol restraunt exhaust fan in the ceiling (above my kitchen) blows fresh and warm air up to the ladies. one bringing air from outside and one circulating the air near the ladies. i went and bought 2 bags of top soil and 3 bags of perlite. mixed and took the plants out of the hydro set up and buried them rockwool and all in the dirt in 3 gallon pots. have watered once sinci i did this. the droopy did perk up a lil as of yesterday. have one to plant today so will post more pics in a few. gotta wash the tattoo now as well. im really in no hurry to flower. i cant be with in a hurry with sick plants so i hope the newbies come up and strong and in 5 weeks "i can do it" like arnahld.....

19. less water, root aerration,(sp) air circulation, and jubilation. I think you can see the improvement in the droops now. out of 8 seeds thus far, 2 have broke ground and attempting to ditch the shell, 2 tap rooted noobies when in today. so we wait on 4 and 2 are still breaking. the paper towel method is great as it allows you to keep tabs on them, get em in when the gettins good.

Attached Files:

• fb2.jpg
      fb2.jpg
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
  20. the latter pic is ol stumpy this is the droopy from before i need a better digi.....

THIS IS MY EDIT: REMOVED PICTURE TO SHOW COMPARISON ON PAGE 3..... SORRY