condo grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by britishcolumbia, Jun 28, 2009.

1. I have a 5x10x7 secret jardin tent with 2 1000 aircooled on a light mover. C02 tank injection and a charcoal filter scrubbing the air every thing is great but i have one problem. I have a dual hose portable ac and its a little nosey. How are apartments insulated from my roof to ground floor to the tenant above me.I am on the ground floor corner unit. when i shut the door to my room you can hear it threw the door thats a giving but when i go around the corner and put my ear to the wall i cant hear anything. would my roof be insulated like my walls. The building is not concrete its wood frame on a concrete slab. Just so you guys know i own the place this is not a rental and all electrical meets the canadian electrical code.

2. I was thinking of setting something like this up too... Except a smaller scale...

Not sure about noise though either.

3. All depends on your specific condo. Can you ever hear your neighbors listening to TV really loud upstairs? Find out from neighbors that have been around along time about what the place is made of. If you're living in a big plywood condo, it'll be a problem. If it's an older condo, it's probably made of concrete through and through, and your neighbors probably wouldn't hear in that situation.

4. no i cant really here them watching t.v but i can hear them walking around the loudest thing i can here is there washing machine very faintly the ac is not as loud as the washing maching. all my fans are on the low setting minus the ac which is on the highest. condo was built in 98 its wood frame construction. The reason i have the light mover is because i have 70 plant 4 x 10 the mover is required it one mover with 2 lights mounted vented shades. 3 4 inch vortex 2 for the shades and one for the scrubber all on speed drives.