Conditional Discharge New Jersey

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Highlorn420, May 24, 2018.

1. High all!

Just about 6 months ago I got caught up being parked at a wawa in New Jersey (old bridge) for less then a gram of flower a grinder and oil pens.. (wasn’t even burning at the time of arrest)

After getting a lawyer my court dates were pushed back from late November to January, then from January to March then from March to April.

Long story short my lawyer was basically a huge waste of money being that I was placed in the conditional discharge program since I was a first time offender, Which I most likely could have gotten with a public defender or straight up by myself.

I was placed on the “conditional discharge” for 1 full year with random drug tests (kill me) early April received a letter in the mail with my “Client number” from my probation officer maybe 2 weeks after my court date.

It is now late May I haven’t smoked in a month and I haven’t recieved anything else in the mail telling me to come meet my probation officer.

Is this normal?? I’ve read plenty of posts on here saying they were to meet their probation officer almost immediately after their court dates. I don’t want to call the probation office because I feel like that will put me on their radar or something.

I don’t live in New Jersey, it took me 2 hours to get to the court house and it is such a pain for me to travel back and forth with school and work.

Can someone give me a run down of what’s going on? Are they going to contact me soon? Putting a hold on smoking really sucks especially when you live in a state where weed is decriminalized and wouldn’t get more then a slap on the wrist and a summons where I am from.

Plus I see that the new governor of New Jersey strongly approves of recreational marijuana use and is pushing hard for that to happen by 2019.

Someone, anyone please let me know what is going on with this.

Thanks y’all

2. every state, every situation, every courts guidelines, rules & conditions, and every probation officer is different.
    for example in texas, even though alcohol is legal, it is still a violation of the terms and conditions of my probation to consume alcohol
    sooooo....I would be surprised if consuming weed is allowed for probationers

even so, most po's expect the first drug test to be dirty
    some courts will allow up to two fail drug test before revoking your probation

one of my po's told me it was customary for the first test to be dirty and sometimes the second also. he then went on to say that they use the two test to determine the levels and to find out if you are consuming still

probably wont answer your question, just something to share

the thing is, probation for weed is stupid and is a waste of time and money.
    maybe you should just as well spend a week in jail instead of having to quit smoking for a year

me? I still smoked. took detox/cleaners before my monthly ua's. my first text was a failure and one at the 7th visit was a fail. in the last month of probation, as custom, they sent my file back to court because I was done. the judge saw the second failure in the file and he revoked my probation and sentenced me to 120 days in jail.
    cool that the po didn't send it right away, but the judge would see it anyways at the end.
    or would he? every judge is different

deferred vs straight?
    I was on deferred adjudication so if ur probation gets revoke, none of those days count and you go back to the beginning of the sentencing phase.
    deferred means if I complete probation I wont have a record of a conviction. however if I violate the conditions, I can receive the full sentence according to sentencing guidelines
    EVERYONE WILL ALWAYS WILL HAVE THE HISTORY OF AN ARREST

If I had done straight probation, the time spent on probation would be considered and I may not receive the full sentence according to sentencing guidelines. I would have the record of conviction and because of that, some states will suspend your drivers license if u have a drug conviction.
    I found out six months into my license suspension that mine was suspended.
    again, every state, and judge is different

but in the end, its all about money