Condemned > Hunger Games

Discussion in 'Movies' started by H4Boxer, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Anybody find that the movie Hunger Games is almost identical to the movie Condemned?
    I was watching it i was automatically like this is, the movie condemned with little kids and teenagers lol.

2. Never heard of Condemned. The movie Battle Royal is the hunger games japanese style though. Exact same plot with more blood and much more realistic. Crazy intense movie but really good, I highly recommended it.

3. ive been meaning to watch Battle Royale. i watched The Hunger Games and thought it was the biggest waste of time ive had in a while.

the first hour of it was so fucking long and pointless it was ridiculous.

4. Thanks for the recommendation, ill check it out.
    The Condemned is a movie where a bunch of condemned prisoners are thrown on an island to fight for their life and its broadcasted over the internet.
    It was a lot more interesting ti watch than the hunger games.

5. The condemned with that neanderthal Steve Austin. I didn't really like either of those movies. Lord of the Flies was much better with the idea of throwing a bunch of people on an island and watching them kill each other.

6. Death race was better

7. Battle Royale > Hunger Games

8. Id bang the fuck out of the actress whos plays the main character in the hunger games.

9. I hate all of you.
    Hunger Games 8/10 Aimed at teens, but a great movie I hate how everyone trumps it with Twilight and says it sucks. Did you watch the movie? Or read the book? And it has character development? I aint neva heard o that befo?
    Battle Royale 8/10 For pure fun alone, straight action and killing.
    Condemned 3/10 Bullshit Steve Austin vehicle, as thin as they come. Much more like BR then HG.

Except ya'll

Yes

It is so close but I rather rewatch Hunger Games atm, but I fucking loved BR when I first saw it.

10. Only BR version I've found was all in Japanese. Anyone know where I could find an English dubbed version? Not just subtitles.

11. I actually found hunger games to be a very good film. Don't forget, however, that it's also a good book!

12. Fuck that bitch suzanne collins, yeah, she never heard of BR :rolleyes:. Hope she enjoys the millions of dollars she made from plagiarizing a book that was "too violent" to be made into an american film. Make it pg-13 and sell it to the kiddies. Smart move..

“I had never heard of that book or that author until my book was turned in. At that point, it was mentioned to me, and I asked my editor if I should read it. He said: ‘No, I don't want that world in your head. Just continue with what you're doing.' ”
    -Stealzanne Collins

13. #13 xpixiex, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    I don't know man, a lot of those Japanese actors in Battle Royale seemed awfully shitty to me. And both movies were very unrealistic. I find it more realistic that it would be televised like it was in Hunger Games. Otherwise what's the purpose of it? Yet I find Hunger Games to be less realistic when they make mutant wolf dogs out of the dead players...

I didn't ever finish Battle Royale, but I'll probably read the book once I forget how just how shitty the movie was.

14. The movie didn't have them as the dead players but ya the mutant dogs kinda sucked, took me out of the ending a little.

15. Came here to say the same thing. :p
    lolwut. Dubbed versions are the perfect way to completely ruin a movie imo.

16. Ahhh Lord of the Flies mmmmm yes....thats the Ken Griffey Jr. in his prime of film and not a bad read either;)

Who could forget such memorable moments as piggy being crushed by that rock?

Or the bold efforts by Simon to uncover the mystery of the island beast?

17. [quote name='"jwbooth"']
    Came here to say the same thing. :p

lolwut. Dubbed versions are the perfect way to completely ruin a movie imo.[/quote]

Not trying to read the whole movie lol. I like to smoke while watching a movie

18. Haha wow someone said Battle Royale is realistic

19. Condemned is the shit. Love Stone Cold, then again, who doesn't?