Concerts

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Swan, Oct 18, 2002.

1. the deal with the sound at the floyd shows had nothing to do with the sound guys....

it was all in the microphone.....waters developed the mikie...

it was a microphone with fore seperate mic's in it ...so depending on what part of the mic you sing into ...determins what speakers the sound comes from...and you can hit them all at once by simply singing directly into the mic...

they called it quadrophonic sound!

and it is amasing the way it will make the sound roll arround the areana...

2. Interesting revelation about the mic. I didn't know about that. That's very very cool. I don't think it was just the mic, though. In my fuzzy memory of the event, I checked out the PA board before the show and they had joysticks on the thing where the sound guys could assign a channel and then pan it around between the four speaker stacks. They used it on Gilmore's guitar quite a bit. The result was very psychedelic, like no other concert that I have ever experienced. At least, that's how I remember it now. Hell, that was quite a few years ago. It's possible that I could be mistaken.

3. I won't list bands I've seen. But I've seen them all if they were active the last 10 years. And since I work in the rock industry, I didn't pay for the pleasure (I'm a lowly lights teccie).

Some favourite gigs tho':

ZZ Top (Roskilde 94 i think, damn I was hight then)
    Rammstein (Quart 02)
    Faith No More (Oslo Spectrum 92)
    Helheim (Bad Berka Germany Open Air 00)
    No Doubt (Quart 02, not my style, but shit what a cool show)
    Nirvana (Oslo 91 ?)
    Mayhem (Hulen Bergen 00)

And a lot of more or less unknown European bands, like Chumbawamba, Lok, Satyricon, Aeternus, Ugress, Røyksopp etc.

Hmm, my musical preferences are a bit, lets say, schizofrenic.

I've worked with 4 of the bands mentioned. Won't tell which tho' (trade secret, sorry)

4. lets see widespread panic and acustic syndicate, but my dad has seen the grateful dead live man i wish i was him also i really wanna go to bonnaroo this summer and see phish

5. Phish played in my home town some 6 and 9 years ago. Both dates I was working, so no phish for me :(

6. ok we got widespread panic acoustic syndicate government mule and soon to be keller williams and hopefully bonnaroo and phish

7. Hmmm... let's see I haven't been to many yet. BUT my list will grow.
    Hatebreed
    Poison the Well
    Bane
    Tool
    Thursday
    From Autumn to Ashes
    Black Widows
    Ozzfest 2000
    Ozzfest 2001

8. ac/dc- 85,slayer/overkill -86, maiden-87,91,99 & 01, king diamond (met him and band)-87, monsters of rock- 87, Night Ranger,Great White(met band)-87, Metallica-87, Anthrax-88, Queensryche-96,01, Ozzy-96, Satriani/Vai-96,
    rest i was too waysted to remember, cause i know theres more than that..
    #1 "wished i could have seen"- randy rhoads.

9. oh crap, half of the ones i forgot are on the 1st post on this thread. shortterm mem. loss....

10. ok here's my list, i'll probably miss i few

black crowes
    heart
    jeff healy
    tragically hip x3
    Another road side attraction festival
    Big sky festival
    edge fest twice
    green day
    pink floyd
    kiss
    aerosmith