Concert Venues- Dont toke up at the Garden (MSG)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Reefer_Madness, Jun 25, 2008.

1. I went to a Coldplay show last night at madison square garden in NYC. i managed to sneak in my piece, and my buddy brought a bag with him. we get inside, no problem.
    midway through the third song, i decided, "now is a good time to start smoking" and i packed a nice one.
    I blew all the smoke down, the decent thing to do. the guy infront of me starts having a shit fit and starts yelling at me. it didnt really bother me, cause while he was yelling, i was taking another hit and blowing out the smoke. a few minutes later, the guy leaves and gets security. i play it cool, and the security guard doesnt even approach me, she just looks around and leaves.

bottom line, if you are ever in the NY metro area and you are going to see a live show at the garden, dont bother bringing any dank with you.

If other ppl kno of any concert venues that are chill about that stuff and/or tend to have chill crowds, please put em up here. Also, feel free to put up any stories you have about any particular venues or shows you've been to.

2. Lmao, I don't see why people get all up tight and in a rage for. Its fucking marijuana, people do it ALL the time. More people than he may think with his narrow mindedness. People like this are so annoying. I've never been to a concert though :(

3. People like that, SUCK. Who is that much of an asshole, to go and get security, over someone tryna enjoy themselves? And over a little toke at a concert? Damn.

I live in MA, and I've been to Two concerts at The Tweeter Center(The Game & Snoop, Nas) and both times, me and my buddies snuck in a couple Blunts, and by the time we get in there, it's already smokey as fuck, so we just lit up, and enjoyed the show:smoke:.

4. You were just in the wrong place and you still didnt get caught. Madisons security is a joke, just smoke what you want. When I went to see dispatch all of us had that place hotboxed. Could barely see the other side.

5. Sorry to do this but I have to. You know how I know your gay? because you listen to coldplay

• Like Like x 1
  6. Im starting to see a pattern, i guess its not so much the venue as it is the Performers/ the crowd they attract. Coldplay fans as a whole are kinda pretentious and snobby.

I wouldnt think you'de be able to blaze so freely at a Dispatch concert tho. I mean, i like Dispatch, but i figure most of their fans are teenage girls.

The best venue i've ever blazed at before has GOT to be Roseland Ballroom. I went to go see Disco Biscuits, and NO ONE was sober. everyone in there either had dank, shrooms, or LSD. And the security, please, they couldnt have cared less.

Nokia Theater on 42nd street is also a pretty sick venue. I saw Umphreeys Mcgee and Matisyahu there, and brought a joint with me, and smoked it. It didnt get me as high as i had liked, so my buddy takes out a baggie and starts rolling another one. All of a sudden, a security guard comes with a flashlight and shines it on us. I got sooo fuckin scared. but then the dude was just like "please put it away, theres no smoking in here" and just walked away.

so both Roseland and Nokia get a thumbs up :metal:

7. Im not gonna start a flame war, because i actually agree, most of the coldplay fans were pricks.

I actually won the concert tickets online, Coldplay did the whole concert for free, none of the tickets cost money. But yeh, i dont think i'd pay to see Coldplay in the future.

8. ya the tweeter center pretty chill to toke up at, especially if your on the grass area. last year at DMB the place is was a friggin smokestack. if you go to see a band that notoriously attracts stoners, then youll be fine.

9. its not the venue man its the band/its crowd......some shows there be mad people blazing mad dank buds......jam band shows are where its at best nugs and a great crowd people pass you joints and smoke bowls with you...its real chillin

10. Oh you didn't get it... It is a famous line from 40 yr old virgin

11. You know how I know you're gay? I saw you take a spinach dip with a loaf of sourdough bread once.

12. ah man, i even saw that movie... lol my favorite one is "dude, you know how i kno you're gay? your dick taste like shit"

13. oh man that beat everything that I was planning to say about coldplay. anyways, thats probably why somebody freaked out.. I mean.. it was coldplay. theyre only a couple steps up from nickelback

14. My friends were at a Mars Volta concert at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach earlier this year and they were saying the same shit...Not a sober mother fucker in there. My friend even found a bowl that was lying on the ground someone had dropped. Funny thing is, there was still some weed packed in it. One of friends was saying that there was this dude beside him chiefing a blunt that was complaining about it being really loud. My friends came prepared with some ear plugs but werent using them. They gave some to the guy with the blunt as sort of an unspoken barter. The guy never even passed the blunt or acknowledged them at all after that.

Also, my really good friend's brother is in a local band (like hardcore/screamo shit ) and they were playing a show at this place called The Salty Dog in New Bern, NC. I was there and waiting for them to take the stage cause there were some other bands playing too. While they were playing their set some guy lit up a joint and started smoking. Everyone smelled it and pointed him out and they kicked his ass out. Moral: Emo, scene and straight edge kids are fucking pricks.

15. when i saw cream maybe 2-3 years ago at msg i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to burn inside (i was with my friends parents anyway)... we ended up just burning in the city and we went into msg and i was so mad becuz this old lady right infront of me is just smoking a joint with her family. i really wish i saved some weed for the concert...

it just sucks u were sitting behind a tightass, u should of just apologized and blown the smoke straight up... sorry u couldn't enjoy the concert to the fullest.

16. yeah man for sure lol.. it's a lot to do with who's playing. If 8000 of the 10,000 people are smoking weed they aren't gonna do shit.
    If your one of the few smoking in there they're gonna bust your balls for sure.

17. Wow, that would suck. At our main concert outdoor ampitheater all of the Security just disappears during the show. They don't even care if you smoke, they don't even card you for fucking beers.

I thought all places were like that until I went out of state for a show. Everyone needs to come here for concerts. It's the titties. :D/:(

Edit// It's not always ALL about the bands. I got sucked into going to a Gwen Stefani concert by a bitch in order to try and get some, and NO ONE there smoked. Let me tell you that right now. But I went away chiefing as I always did, and nothing happened.

I need to go to a Good Rats show. Damn them only having shows in bars and clubs. I wish I was 21. :(

18. OK, I know I'm a little late to respond to this post, but I wanted to just chime in. As a lot of people said, a lot of it depends on what show you go to. I've never really had a problem blazing at the Garden, but most of the shows I've been to have been Phish. Security at those shows is really lax generally and everyone's smoking (amongst other things). I can never get away with smoking at a Rangers game.

Another thing you want to bear in mind is that smoke rises. So when you blow it down, it rises up into the person's face in front of you. Really, the thing to do is blow it upwards so it doesn't blow in anyone's face. Take a hit, then put your pipe in your pocket. Then repeat as necessary. Joints are not a good idea either as it's hard to cover them up. Not to take sides, like I said, I smoke at the garden, but I would be pissed if someone blew smoke in my face also. Granted, I wouldn't call security on them either.

I had a similar situation at Jones Beach last summer. Although not for smoking. I was at a concert with my buddy and we were standing up and dancing and getting into it. All of a sudden, the guy behind us and his girlfriend started getting all pissed that we were standing and they couldn't see. Even tried to fight with my friend. I told him to look around, 90% of the place was standing. We even offered to switch spots with him so they could sit and we could stand. They weren't having it and went and got security. Security did nothing because we did nothing wrong.

19. I will take the concert venue into consideration if I want to see the concert. I have passed on a couple of bc inverts in the past because I knew I wouldn’t be able to smoke my blunt inside. They be tripping with the no smoking laws and then they jam everyone onto this small little spot outside to smoke.

I like concerts at outside venues as they seem more chill and the smoke just leaves as vs indoors where it is recirculated though the hvac systems