Concerns for frost warning tonight.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Clstcnnbscltvtr, Apr 12, 2012.

1. #1 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    It's been over 70 for almost 3 weeks but for some reason we're hitting a cold streak and my plant has already been stunted by two or three 50* nights and 65* days.

But tonight is insane. There is a frost warning. 35* F. If I leave my plants in the ground will they survive?

edit: the plant is about 3 weeks old, didn't make that very clear. 4th set of leaves is very tiny.

Sorry for the really basic question.

2. Hard to say, if they are fairly developed they have a better chance. Then again if they are in the ground, digging them up might not be good for them either. If you could put some kind of greenhouse type thing over them it might help.

3. As long as it a light frost like an hour or 2 max they should be good. If its all night it would be hard to say. I am in the Same boat but I am going the cover them with 10 gal pots

4. if its not too big of a grow you can wire up acouple of cotton/nonplastic sheets be sure to hang them above it and make sure it touches the ground, also check that the plant isint weighed down too much.... do it right after dark and remove as soon as all frost is gone or when you wake up

5. I could easily cover the plant with some kind of container. It's under LST. If there is no definite danger I think that will suffice.

6. You could surround the plant with fresh cut grass and cut the bottom of a milk jug out leaving the top open for vent, always works great for me.

7. Well, plant seems to be just fine. A bit sad looking. Droopy. She'll perk up soon. We've got low 40s again tonight but after that we cruise back to 60s. And sun for the foreseeable future. :]

8. +1. Be careful not to put the mulch to close to the stalk though.