Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Concerning trolls.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lyndon, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Identification of trolls.

Identifying a troll is quite simple. A troll will usually be a recently created account, usually their first post is their own thread. A troll will propose a statement or question that is either absurd by any measure, ignorant, controversial, falsified, or anything else that will get much response.

What trolls want.

Attention. Plain and simple, trolls only want replies. Trolls especially love replies that cause an argument, and replies that are oblivious to the fact that they are replying to a troll.

How to deal with trolls.

The simplest way to deal with a troll is simply ignore them. Do not make a response of any kind if you suspect a troll. Calling them trolls doesn't work, it only sustains them and fulfills their desire for attention. Counter trolling is another way, although it does take a more experienced troll hunter to do this. Report trolls to moderators and the world keeps going round.

What not to do when you encounter a troll.

Respond to them, remember that's what they want. Do not call them out. Don't try to prove them wrong, they will deny your proof. Challenge a troll to an e-fight and you are most likely going to lose, plus then you just give the troll all the more reason to keep trolling. AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT THINK, "HEY TROLLING LOOKS EASY AND KINDA FUN, MAYBE I'LL TRY IT." DO NOT DO THAT.

2. Trolls get off from getting attention from an online forums, such a weird fetish

3. Fuck. Trolls.

4. That's what they say about my cuffs and chains.

5. a how to kill trolls love it love everything about it

6. i don't get trolls. i mean yea, starting an argument can be funny, but does it make them feel good about themselves or what?

7. Sadly, yes.

8. Whats a troll?

9. yep sad huh

10. Is this really needed? I mean come on now.

11. I see you've spent much time researching the social patterns and cultures of trolls.

12. I seen enough obvious troll threads get past the first page without being burned by the modzis. So yes, yes it is needed.

13. I've never backed down to a troll and I never will:devious:

14. But it isn't going to change a thing. I bet someone will read this thread and start a troll thread right afterwards and people will post in that one.

15. Don't worry I'm on it ;)

16. Troll = attention whore

17. Basically.