Concerning Quotes in messages

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Farm Dawg, May 7, 2011.

1. I have asked something similar on here before and I'm sorry that I have to do this again.

It concerns multi-quoting. I noticed that you can respond to several quotes in one post.

I was checking out someones grow journal and I just wanted to make a comment on one part of it w/o having to repost the whole thread starter because it was pretty big and chalked full of pics.

So how do I do this how does this work? Can somene please help me understand this.

+rep for whoever can make me understand this.

2. I'm not sure I'm totally understanding you here... Are you trying to quote only part of the post instead of the whole thing? :confused:

If so, you can quote it and then once in the reply screen you can remove the parts that you don't want to quote, like all of the extra pics. :confused_2:

3. I know it hard to understand because I dont really know how to explain my delima. But I do understand what you just said and that helps with one part of my problem so +rep.

One other thing. I noticed that someone can respond to three or four peoples quotes in one post. How do I do that?

4. To do a multiquote, you hit the "multiquote" button (second from the right in the lower right hand corner of the post) on each post you want to quote. When you're done, hit Reply and it will quote all of those posts for you. :smoking:

5. I'm not about to re-invent rocket science so no worries...

I find here most people on GC are willing to help whenever they can for nothing...:)

I don't know if you can do anything fancy, I just manually edit the quote...

[​IMG]

This may seem cumbersome, but usually only takes a few seconds unless you are trying to grab something out of the middle of a huge post...

You can also just copy the part you want and place it in a generic quote...(QUOTE=)...(/QUOTE)

Just replace the round brackets () with square ones[]...this will show up as a generic quote and will not list the name of the poster.

This is what I do...I don't know if there is an easier way

edit: too slow...JD has things well in hand...;)

6. Thanks everybody I understand it now.