Concerned about plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mikefulgieri, Nov 12, 2019.

1. My two plants have looked different since they were tiny but I assumed the seed company mixed up the seeds. I’ve left them under 24 hour light since they are autos. My one plant, which is 2-3 days older then the other, started flowering 5 days ago but the other still hasn’t flowered. I’m concerned since its an auto and the other plant started flowering but the other one looks like it’s still growing leaves. I’m concerned the second one isn’t an auto and won’t flower. I’m going to leave pictures below please let me know. (Last photo budding plant)

Attached Files:

2. Well, if it doesn't start to auto flower within the first few weeks, you will have to flip the lights to initiate flower.
    Happens sometimes.... Right pain.

3. What do you mean by flip the lights? And if I used the flowering lighting schedule for a non auto plant will it effect the second plant which is already flowering?

4. If you have one tent and 2 autos and only 1 of your plants auto flowers, the second one will just continue to veg until you flip to 12/12 (lights) .. But when you flip your lights to initiate flowering on the non-flowering auto, you will have to expose your flowering auto to a 12/12 schedule which will mean less light = less yield.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. imo i think that if op flips light to start the photo plant off... the auto will still yeild like Paolo as said yeild will be down but it'll still give a decent yeild ,plus he'll have yeild off the photo plant as well ,,,mac,

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ok Thanks so much for the information.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. It's possible that you have an early auto, and a late auto.
    There might be more variation in phenotypes with autos.
    I've had autos flower in the 3rd week, but also in the 10th week with no 12-12 lights.
    On average, they flower in the 6th week.

Depending on age, I'd give the non-flowering auto more time.
    It's not proven that 12-12 lights trigger flower in autos.

8. I've had autos veg for 13 weeks (while the others auto'd after 3 - 4) the only way i got my "auto" to flower, is by switching to 12/12 - Never fails.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. How long did you give them 12-12 lights?
    When they flowered, did you then switch back to auto lighting, 18-6 or more til harvest?

I'd like to have my statement "it's not proven that 12-12 lights trigger flower in autos" proved false.

It would also be interesting to see whether 12-12 lights could trigger early flower in autos.

10. Same time as it takes any photo to start flowering (10 days - 2 weeks on 12/12) and i kept them on 12/12 as they were autos with defective genetics, meaning they did not auto flower - So they were treated as photos.

11. Auto with defective genetics that prevent autoflowering = photoperiod plant.
    The best explanation is that your seed source mixed up the seeds, and gave you some photoperiods.
    Very easy to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SPOT ON BRO!