Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Concerned about my health

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by daesonn, Feb 5, 2009.

1. #1 daesonn, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
    I have been a pretty steady smoker for about 2-3 years, I'm 18 years old and I just love my herb. I strictly smoke chronic, the best i can get, and i usually make 30$ worth last about 5 or 6 days. I noticed that within the past year, I've been getting sick more than all my friends, and when they get the same sickness as me (which most of the time they don't), they're back and healthy within a few days, and im horrible for weeks. I went to the doctor recently because I had the flu of some sort and I asked him about my sicknesses, and he listened to my lungs and said they had fluid in them, said he thought I should get a respiratory and sinus x-rays.

Now, the flu went away, and I haven't been back to the doctor. But when I return, is he going to immediately say your "cannabis use is the problem you have to stop now, blah blah", or is there really something uniquely wrong with my body that can be easily fixed? I goto the gym for an hour about 3 times a week or so, mainly lifting weights. When I said i love my marijuana, i mean it, I'd do almost anything to keep having my tokes at the end of the day, I honestly think it's made me a better individual.

Anyways, the reason i'm concerned is
    1) because I get sick way too often, (I counted probly 5 times, mostly sinus/chest stuff in one semester)
    2) because when I went to run tonight, I realized my run became very unpleasant and hard around .7 of a mile, and I'm a 6'2 175lb guy, not fat at all. I should be able to run a mile without walking right? I used to be able to, never too much more than a mile though....
    3) I cough up an excessive amount of phlegm in colors ranging from dark yellow- to medium yellow- to light yellow- to almost so clear that the only reason it bothers me is because of its thicker viscosity i can feel in the back of my throat almost as if i just drank a glass of milk or something... sometimes my phlegm is almost clear with a bunch of tiny little brown specks in it causing it to look like a somewhat light brown color...

Now i'm in arizona, so cannabis use is still completely illegal...what do you recommend I do? Maybe i'm just out of shape, I'm not sure... but i feel like I know people that can smoke as much as me, and be way more physically fit without as many gym trips...

all comments welcome

2. Maybe buy a vaporizer so you won't have to smoke?

3. Two easy ways to use Cannabis without worrying about any lung damage (slight if nay) is eating (Brownies) or Vaporizers.

And I have never known anyone who coughed up phlegm due to cannabis.

4. ^^^^qft

5. Seriously? I think it's pretty common.

6. Me too, at least with me. I smoke lows/regs and ever since I have started smoking I cough up more phlegm and it is definitely thicker and I get odd colors in my phlegm that were not present before I started toking. If you smoke headies this may be a different case.

Anyway - Go with the vape man (it's a win-win situation.)

7. I wouldn't bank on it being the weed. If your getting sick, it's because your body doesn't have what it needs to fight off invasions by virus' and bacteria. Look at what you are eating #1. Are you getting nutritious foods, or processed 'tastes just like' type food? Are you supplementing with anything that the junk GNC sells? Sounds like all you need is some more vitamin C, Bee Pollen, propolis, and some vinegar and honey, then maybe mucinex for the phlegm. After you get the underlying problem cleared up, the lungs should clear of excess mucus. I rarely get sick, and I smoked cigs for a long time, I'm overweight, and in winter I don't get any exercise. I do take shitloads of vitamin c, hemp seed oil, lysine, honey, vinegar, propolis, echinacea, and many others. Point? It's all nutrition man.... one way or the other it all comes down to nutrition.

8. Maybe try some herbal supplements to help your body's defenses? I am also from AZ and i know how badly the laws suck but i still smoke daily :) I have never used a vaporizer but i hear it is more healthy and whatnot but quite an investment. Speaking of being sick, i am right now! I thought that it could be my smoking as well, but i just took a look at my eating habits etc. and clearly it is just me being unhealthy, not the herb :) But you sound like a pretty heath-conscious guy, so maybe a vaporizer would be a nice investment for you.

9. smoking in the cold does that to me all the time..

and when you smoke weed it lowers your immunesystem so your more suseptible to getting sick and you take longer to get better.

10. Well I have to say that when I smoke, I do tend to get sick easier and for longer, but also if I am sick, and I stop smoking for even just a couple days, I get better much quicker, and then its back to smoking...

But a vape wouldn't be a bad idea either.

11. Hey, I'm also 175 but 6'3. Your problem with running probably isn't related to weed. Growing up I played sports and was always in great condition. Once I quit sports going to college I began to get out of shape, you don't realize it because usually you're just walking around but I started having hard times going up hills and I could tell I was out of shape. I had not started smoking in my life yet. Just exercise

Don't know about the phlegm, but if doctors know that you smoke it's no big deal.

Some people don't enjoy smoking while sick but others do, like me.

12. If your getting sick often, I think it may be because of something else not the weed. I'm sure weed plays a role though, especially with the phlegm. I never had phlegm until I started smoking. I can tame it through by excersising which it sounds like you already do.

I did start getting a huge amount of phlegm every year during the fall. Most of it went away after I got allergy medicine.

Vaporizers are awesome. I'm still trying to save up to get one.

13. i hack up nasty flem and shit all the time.... it sucks... i should stop smoking for a year.... but when i was forced to stop smoking for several months, i still had to cough up flem, tho not as bad so i dunno.

14. No matter how hardcore you are, you should put your health above all else. If your health is effecting you too much you cant enjoy life...and therefore toking. If you want, you can try so stop smoking for a couple of weeks, see what happens, and then continue to smoke, and see what happens. I would also try a vaporizer. Tars and carcinogens can be greatly reduced and vaporizers are efficient means of administration. Good Luck.

Idk, but it sounds you might have bronchitis. That would explain your coughing and your poor immune system...but i'm no md.

15. Seriously. Sometimes but they also smoked Newports etc... I think weed might flare up a phlegm problem.

16. Buy a vaporizer.