Concerned about legitimacy of strains

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jimmyjetty, Jun 27, 2019.

1. After being tired of inconsistent and subpar strains and breeders, I decided to run a few Bodhi strains that lots of people seemed to love by what I’ve read. Soul Mate (goji og pinesoul x Wookie 15) and Phone Home (triangle Kush x Wookie). 12 females. 6 of each. These are both f1 crosses and bodhi is known for varying phenotypes. My concern is that nearly all of the plants from both strains have same plant structure, bud structure, frost coverage and smell. Only 2 of them have a more piney maybe lavender kind of thing going on. They are the frostiest plants I’ve ever grown with trichs piling up on fan leaves. Beautiful buds and great smell but light smell. They all look ready within a week.all within a few days of eachother most likely. Definitely looking to be of good quality but as a paranoid guy anyways, I always wonder who’s sending the seeds and what kind of fuckery they may be up to. Ordered from Great Lakes Genetics upon recommendation from a lot of guys at rollitup. Idk. Maybe just me being a worry wart but I did not expect such similarity in plants, especially with it being multiple strains. I should mention that the Wookie 15 is the dad in both of these strains. Seems like a worked line and not multiple strains that are f1.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh I feel ya bro, I would love also love some advice on this topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bodhi packs aren’t tamper proof. Even with f4 Kali China, I had several phenotypes out of 6 females. I hate that people can’t make their packs tamper proof. I’m just supposed to trust a guy who doesn’t take credit cards up in Michigan. He’s got great reviews and people recommend him but I’ve never had such similarity in plants in any grow I’ve had.

4. I can't host a mother atm so I feel like Everytime I go to buy clones it's a fucking crap shoot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I hear ya. I’ve been growing from seed for about 4 years now. Still haven’t found anything worth keeping around. I want to be blown away. Kali China was damn close. Probably will run her again and make a selection down the line. Seeds are a definite crap shoot too. You find out that when you smoke some awesome bud from a certain strain it’s because someone else took the time to grow out a bunch of them to select that elite cut. I mean, I knew this but years looking for my own diamond. Maybe I’m too picky. Have yet to buy a clone. I’ve had mite issues and I don’t trust other people enough.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Where did you order the Kali China from? I dig the drive you have for the genetics, any company's I should stay away from? I'm pretty new to growing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. My girl

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ur all good man dope ass breeder and GLG is gtg

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kali China is from Ace seeds. They aren’t the most popular but they’ve been around and do great work. Dubi the main breeder spent a lot of years developing the strain and it’s special. Sativa dominant effect that’s clean and giggly like a Thai but not racey. It’s got that magic kind of feel to me that separates it from a lot of the others.Get up and go or sit down and chill. I do miss those plants. Despite being sativa dominant, it’s the fastest plants I’ve grown and they stay short like a hash plant. Has enough indica in it to give a nice body buzz too. Incense, creamy mango and spice smell with taste being same. Hell, thinking about her and I’m gonna have to put another order in. No burn out factor to it and is a true all day and night smoke. Old Kali mist x China Yunnan. Lots of frost and purples through the buds.

10. Thanks man. I mean, I can tell I have some awesome genetics flowering so I’m happy with that. I’m just paranoid always about my plants and genetics. Without a smoke test I’m gonna jump out there and say that the shit is fire and surpasses the quality of everything else I’ve grown. Gotta take that second look at Kali China though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Damn bro I'm gonna order some asap that sounds fucking awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. They are a Boutique genetic,,pretty much on top but theirs is cheap compared to some!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. In my experience, Dina
    Its good smoke. It’ll be different than anything your friends have if I had to make a bet. It’s vibe is very pronounced. Sweet seeds was a disappointment for me but I’ve only ran Jack 47 and Moham Ram. 12 years ago I would have been raving about it but it’s just meh kinda smoke in comparison to the heavy hitters out there. Dinafem has been ok. Dinachem was a disappointment. Blue widow has a nice blueberry pheno that purples up that people liked. Good night smoke. It’s the only one I’d consider again besides Kali China. Pakistan Chitral Kush has been a disappointment from every breeder. I spend a good bit of time reading about breeders and I’d say Bodhi, Rare Dankness, Norstar, TH Seeds and some others are looking good and lots of good review. Ace has a cult following. They do a lot of landrace sativa work. Seedsman Seedbank has always done me good. Good communication from them. This last order was first using a different bank. Great Lakes genetics has great prices and cool freebies that are high quality genetics. I got 5 free Valley 13 seeds ( valley ghash x Apollo 13) and they have buy 1 get 1 on Bodhi often. James Beans seeds is another USA breeder that is talked highly of

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yea I only get clones and seedlings from local farms. This Friday Hendrix farms in Humboldt county is delivering a pineapple upside down cake and the Bling (only available in clone form rare)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Damn thanks a million for knowledge, I've fallen in love with growing truly making my life better just being apart of the process. Like so much dark shit out there and for me to be growing this plant that I love and my family loves and for me to put so much into it, makes the other shit fade away. It's nice.

I find myself just sitting at my plant looking at it reading books about how to become more profecient and thinking about how I'm going to implement what I'm learning. It's awesome.

Going to prune tomorrow and take care of some gnats I recently found and start bending my girl tomorrow so big day ahead of me ;D can't wait

• Like Like x 1
  16. All kinds of good threads here with good guys n women who grow too

• Like Like x 1
  17. That’s the mentality it takes. I still go into my room and look over the plants all the time all through the day. Developed a bad habit of clouding the room with joint smoke but fuck it. Lol. One of them things that never really leaves the mind all the way. My girlfriend is talking about baby seals and I’m over here thinking debating whether or not to add more worm castings...lol.

18. Paulie73 grows a lot of bohdi! His thread is the 4x2.
    I'm going to run that breeder this fall

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Why? Don't you live in California? Go to a local farm. I am not used to the rest of California but up here in the emerald triangle we have tons of well known farms and breeders.

• Like Like x 1
  20. People trying to find their own diamond. Bodhi gets a lot of credit in the forums. Seems to be on top of the game and reliable. Got a room of bodhi now. Besides concern about plant similarities ( probably just paranoia on my part) the plants are blowing away eveything I’ve grown in the past. I’m late into flower. A thing I’ve had issues with other breeders was throwing bananas late in flower. This could be my fault and perhaps I’ve just now dialed things in better this run currentl

• Like Like x 1