Concerned about gender of plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Lovethegreen55, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Hi People,

This is my first time growing and I am concerned 1 of my plants may be hermaphrodite. I only know what I have read from these forum's which have been quite helpful (thank you!). I can't make a decision about the plant and it looks like it will be a nice plant so don't want to throw it away unless I really have too. So I only just swithed over to 12/12 light schedule a few days ago and the plant already has buds forming. Which from what I read is unusual because it take's about 3 weeks to transition from veg to flower. There are buds which are of course promising but there seems to be some pollen sac looking features on the plant. But they could just be pre flowers. I can't make up my mind it's driving g me insane because I know the damage a hermaphrodite plant could do. I will attach some photos. If someone with more experience could take a look and please give your opinion it would be largely appriaciated?

Many thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Yeah. I started 12/12 light 5 days ago. 3 of the plants just start growing buds straight away. I have some others in there that don't even have preflowers yet. They are different strains which might explain it but I still didn't think there should be buds yet

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yea at that rate they should be fine in a few weeks lol

But I think what your are seeing is the caylux not balls

4. I don't have any clones but they I have some of the same seed. They are dinafem. Think they are the strawberry amesia. Could probably take a few clones have read something about taking a clone during flower apparently it's trickier but makes some sort of super clone if it takes root

5. Berzerker - thanks for the post wI'll read up about the caylux and take a look again

6. I have attached a new image. Could anyone tell me if it looks like it has balls?

Attached Files:

7. Female all they way.

8. Five days of flower..... Jesus H Fuck, you're doing something right.

Those are not balls, they're extremely swollen calyxes. I don't see any bananas or balls hanging down so you're good to go.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. There not balls 100%. I've just found mine are turning hermys trust me pictures you've put on are fine

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Holy fuck what are the genetics of this plant?! That baby is 100% female her swollen curves tell the story but shit 5 days and it looks like that?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Hi again People,

I have attached some pics of a plant. I am trying to figur out if the plant is ready to harvest. I have a magnifying glass and am trying to tell if the buds are ready by looking at the trichomes but it isn't as straight forward as I thought. I want the quality over quantity so have to harvest slightly earlier I belive. If anyone with some experience in this could please take a look it would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Attached Files: