*concern* my health problems caused by smoking weed

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by savor, Jun 6, 2018.

1. #1 savor, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    hi! im savor, and have been smoking since i was 17, now 21. i started smoking to help my anxiety, but now its eons worse than it ever was. i quit three weeks ago because i was miserable and just wanted to be happy. id wake up feeling generally awful, and feel the same way throughout the day. my lungs would ache even when i wasnt smoking. mornings were super rough, id be feeling so awful (my whole body felt bad, not sick not hurting just felt absolutely awful) and stressing about everything. i tried a vaporizer for a few weeks but that did not improve things. i miss my best friend mj tons, but ive felt much better after quitting. i was smoking a good amount, maybe an oz a month, and had a reputation for torching bowls and hitting bongs waaay too hard. i know thats where i went wrong.

anyway, the point of this post is to discuss how i feel now. two big problems. first, i get winded doing simple things like walking up stairs. i get dizzy and feel foggy, and it takes me an hour or two to catch my breath. i know i accidentally smoked a tiny amount of plastic at least two or three times over the four years i smoked. i was a stupid kid looking to get high, or i tamped a bowl with a lighter while hitting it and the plastic design melted a tiny bit. stupid, stupid. am i just healing or do i need medical attention?

second, i am constipated as hell. its uncomfortable and even hurts sometimes. i am going to try a stool softener tomorrow. ive been drinking plenty of water and eating lots of fruit. is it the stress/anxiety causing it now that im facing it head on? or is it just withdrawal?

to finish, i just want to make sure i havent hurt myself irreprebaly. i know the constipation thing will pass (ha) over time, but i want to know if i should be worried about lung cancer from the plastic or other diseases. ive spent hours googling but i decided that a personal story may be better than reading others’ stories. everyone is different, and boy am i.

i kind of dont want to hear anything like ‘just keep smoking, youll be fine.’ i wanted to, and i tried to keep smoking through the awful mornings, full body sick feelings, and increasing anxiety for months, but i sure as hell was not feeling fine. like i said, i miss my best friend. and like i said, everyone is different. weed may work for you but it made me miserable. i know not to blame weed but instead my excessive and hazardous smoking habits. sadly it has progressed too far to just be fixed by changing those habits — that was the first thing i tried months ago. my plan is to quit for a year then start smoking again, once a week from a vaporizer. i am very, very strong willed and believe i will be able to stick to that strict schedule. i just want to feel better and be happy at any cost. thank you for taking the time to read my little story and thank you in advance for any replies.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cannabis doesn't cause lung cancer; smoking cigarettes does. That's not heresay, its from published research.

And another thing here I notice... this constipation... Get a stovetop expresso maker and make some real coffee. We'll see how long you are constipated after that ;)

I will say this so that you understand. I suspect that you have been indoctrinated by parents, schools, society, and you are running a 50s marijuana warning movie in your mind. All this talk has made you paranoid and guilt ridden. As well smoking/injesting too much will cause you to get too stoned/delusional/paranoid so don't smoke so much.

I hope that you take the time to educate yourself better. Cannabis is our friend. Research indicates that it grows brain cells, not hurt them.

Recommending you to smoke much less and to dedicate some time meditating and exercising (and researching).

Wish you the best

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

3. You are gunna be fine, smoking an ounce a month of cannabis honestly is not all that much (Shit, I get prescribed 2 ounces a month for my anxiety) so no, you definitely didn't do any permanent damage from smoking cannabis for a few years. I would also venture to guess most people have accidentally smoked a little plastic here and there over their smoking careers, it isn't good for you, but unless you are doing it regularly (which I don't see how you could regularly) then you shouldn't worry about it.

You are right, cannabis may not be for you right now. It also has nothing to do with the constipation, eat fiber and drink water, the stool softener should help too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

4. Smoking an Oz a month isn't that much lol it's less then a gram a day...

I got through an Oz & a half of hash a month easily :laughing::laughing:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. you rock. well said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 savor, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    paranoid is right. i have ocd. i am extremely anxious and worry a lot. logic tells me that i am okay, but i dont feel okay when i get breathless from exertion, so i worry anyway. thank you for the kind words and advice. i will get over this fear. sadly i am allergic to caffiene lol but i will find other fixes.

im so so glad you understand. thanks much for the reassurance and reccomendations. i will keep it in mind. all in all, i am sure that im just worrying too much, and the reassurance will hopefully help me with that.

im glad that you find my struggles funny. at least someone can take it lightly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. You should probably go see a doctor and tell them all these same symptoms? Not because I think there's anything wrong necessarily, but because this forum is not a substitute for medical advice from a trained professional. There could be other things going on completely independent from cannabis usage. A doctor can do a basic physical checkup with blood tests and such, which everyone should do periodically anyway in order to catch potentially serious problems early on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. i don't find it funny. take it east. and enjoy yourself. its easier said than done. but what you have to lose with trying. you automatically lose if you don't try.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. i saw one yesterday for an annual exam. :) they told me it was anxiety, but i did not mention the pot use because i am in a state where it is not legal. i know, dr-patient confidentiality, but i still worry. i really should just chill and listen! but thats easier said when done especially when you are like me and have ocd and severe anxiety.

oh, no, i was referring to the user who i quoted above that sentence. sorry for the misunderstanding. maybe it shows up differently on pc than mobile.

10. Please enlighten me when did I say what you're going through was funny???

I do find it funny that you think an Oz an month is a "good amount" lol it's less then a gram a day, some people on GC smoke 7g blunts to the face just for fun lol

11. my misunderstanding. i would normally say i need to smoke a bowl and chill but for now ill just have to chill. :) 7g blunt does sound fun. too bad smoking atm makes me stressed and depressed. i just have to give myself time to reset. then its back to smoking ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. you got this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. thank you <3 i know i do. i just needed some logic. :) y’all’ve helped with that much.

• Like Like x 1

14. No worries lol I wish I could still smoke 7gs blunts man I used to just roll em for fun when I was working

I don't smoke that much myself man probably 1/1.5gs a day if my pains bad

Hopefully things work out for you man & you can smoke a big boom blatty fatty blunt to the face

• Friendly Friendly x 1