Concepts that fuck with you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pufftamagicwyrm, May 22, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Arso"']

If we have a room full of people who have no idea what colors were and we needed to teach them. And we showed everyone the color red, and everyone saw red but a few people saw the color purple. Now when we show purple everyone sees purple except those few that see red instead. When the "normal" folks see red the few will call it purple so then how is it the same?[/quote]

Because they'll say no that's not purple, that's red.

2. Bill Hicks said that we are all just energy condensed.

The space between matter is enough room for our soul, i think.

But what really jogs me is language. We will never run out of words. We can't. It's like the magma underneath the earth. Its been here since the beginning and it just keeps churning. Just like language.

3. I just noticed that some of the above-posters were talking about bugs and higher intelligence. What if human beings aren't the chosen species to explore the galaxy. We may have punctured the sky with our intelligence, but does that make us worthy? The ISS may as well be a rotating trash can in space compared to what could be.

Insects outnumber us and every other animal on the planet. It would be a future. When we're dead and gone, what if they become us? Better?

4. Man I thought of that same thing like in grade 7 :eek:

Maybe in some peoples eyes, the colour black is pink? What. the. fuck.

5. What if you are the only actual human to exist, in a small dark room wearing a fucked helmet that lets you perceive things, being observed by an alien race because they're trying to figure out what you are o_o

6. I'm sure this has already been said, but death is a concept that fucks with me alot. It comes swiftly. Its unpredictable. It happens and kills the people you least expect it to kill. It eventually will kill everyone. It waits for no one. Its a fucking mystery in itself...and the amazing part is NOBODY knows what happens to your mind and soul AFTER death takes you away. Nobody knows if there is another life after death. It is a constant mindfuck.

7. Tax.

What the fuck am I paying tax for? Am I renting the money I earn?

8. [quote name='"dopeboyhero"']Tax.

What the fuck am I paying tax for? Am I renting the money I earn?[/quote]

You're paying to be part of society, it sucks but it can't be avoided.

9. [quote name='"mlangaso"']I just noticed that some of the above-posters were talking about bugs and higher intelligence. What if human beings aren't the chosen species to explore the galaxy. We may have punctured the sky with our intelligence, but does that make us worthy? The ISS may as well be a rotating trash can in space compared to what could be.

Insects outnumber us and every other animal on the planet. It would be a future. When we're dead and gone, what if they become us? Better?[/quote]

Interesting thought!

What if humans in "human form" are not meant to explore the galaxy. Its not until we die and our energy or soul is what is meant to explore the galaxy. Makes sense because nothing with mass will ever reach the speed of light. And you would need to be traveling around those speeds to go from galaxy to galaxy.

10. Part of society? Sounds like robbery to me. I work, therefore I am a part of society.

11. I do Phil in Uni, and we're doing Descartes right now, he talks about just this. In fact, he starts with the assumption that NOTHING exists and every thing is just a hallucination. He comes to the conclusion that only mental activity is real, and therefore, to have mental activity, you need to exists yourself aka "I think therefore I am". Sleep is like dying, because we don't have mental activity outside dreams, at least not conscious mental activity, and its like we lie down, die, and wake up again, and philosophically, we don't know that we don't. Mindgasmed.

12. That's because it is exactly that, theft at the point of a gun by a legalized monopoly on force.

13. Bro we need some tax man imagin if we didnt! There would be no roads and shit lol.

14. Fuck paying to be a member of society. Over half of society is filled with idiots. Why bother paying to be part of something I hate? I'd rather live on a desserted island with my best friends and not have to shell out cash for society.

15. I always think we could just be tiny micro organisms living on the body of something much bigger if that makes sense, like we're a cancer, multiplying as the human race is doing on the earth, who knows though lol, and yeh that thought of nothingness after death isn't a nice one, iv lay in bed thinking about that before and it scared the shit out of me lol

16. that nothing is something. so even if you have nothing you have something cause nothing is something. and when you have something you have nothing.

17. Look up 'Vintage Sam Kinison' on youtube. The rant touches on what you just said about supernal methods of transportation. It's also funny and honest.

18. #118 UltimateTweaker, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    [quote name='"WeedSlayer"']Life on other planets... I think its quiet ignorant to think we are just a one and a couple trillion of other planets that have life. Like mars is said to have had signs of water in the soil for a while ago (Science teacher said one of the explorers found this). Also one of Jupiters moons is supposedly close to habital conditions, but still just not quiet. So I think one of the galaxies far far away theres other life forms...

Also what about a parrallel universe or something of the sort? Like say theres another planet with somebody exactly identical to me who does the opposite of what I do. Like heres an example:

I decide to smoke a joint with a friend. The other me decides to not smoke a joint with a friend. Just some thoughts for you guys[/quote]

There is definitely more than a couple trillion planets in this universe. Scientists have discovered there are over 200 billion solar systems in the milky way galaxy alone. Jesus

Oh and what if we're just fucking Sims being played by somebody or something. You can take it literally or not. What if there is something/someone making all of our decisions for us but we don't know it.

And what if we're all just a bunch of cells for another living thing, and this planet is just one of the many organs it has. Shit would be crazy.

19. This might seem crazy, but pain tolerance. Me having type 1 diabetes I wonder if I have a constant pain of my body slowly deteriorating more/faster than others but I cant notice it because I live with diabetes. Is what I think feels normal actually normal to others without diabetes ? I know this doesnt really make sense but i always think of this for some odd reason.

20. Fucking magnets, how do they work?