Concepts that fuck with you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pufftamagicwyrm, May 22, 2012.

1. The space between atoms is filled with spacetime, not nothingness. subatomic particles, and waves, or energy, can also travel freely through that space. even the most desolate and seemingly empty interstellar space is still comprised of spacetime, and there are still a small number of atoms or particles in that space at any given moment. The only place that nothingness could really exist is outside of the bounds of our known universe

2. graveyards...why?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The world appears solid. We're told that it is made of atoms. Atoms have no solidity.

There is no such thing as death. Conciousness is energy. "Energy cannot be destroyed only transferred or transformed" - Albert Einstein

The electromagnetic range, our reality, is 0.005% of existing energy within the universe. Visible light, what we can see, is a FRACTION of that amount.

Information changes upon observation. This world only exists when it is observed.

I have to pee

4. Hilbert's hotel and infinity. https://youtu.be/KDCJZ81PwVM

Really good video to watch in a very analytical, mind expanded, curious state, might form a few metaphors for reality

5. First you have to prove there is consciousness, as in a spirit or soul. It could all just be our brain.

PS: don't get too obsessed with spirit science, it will make you delusional.

6. I dont think theres a relationship between a soul and consciousness. But we all have an energy of somekind. A heart doesnt beat for no reason, something had to start it and when your heart stops that energy can't dissapear into nothingness so it must transfer somewhere. My favorite quote: "I think, therefore I am." Dont know who said it but it helps me a lot

7. I believe Bhudda said that. But can you explain your view on the difference between soul and consciousness? I always thought they were the same.

8. Depends on the definition of spirit huh? I shouldve thought about that more. I dont believe in spirits but I do believe I am councious haha if that makes sense and I dont know what keeps our bodies going but I dont think it can just disappear when the body quits. Ya know? I dont even know haha

9. #4469 didier12, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    Descartes said that not Buddha lol.  I do think when people talk about their soul or their true "I" they are referring to their consciousness though, that is essentially after all what we are.

10. It's not so much a mind fuck but it is pretty interesting to think about how everything on Earth is connected. Birds transport seeds through their droppings, bees pollinate, trees and plants take in CO2 and give off oxygen while humans take in oxygen and give off CO2. Even predators help by controlling the population of prey. It's like Earth is one giant community.

11. When we die our energy disperses into the area directly surrounding us. We stop taking in energy but we keep giving it off until we're all out. That's gotta be either the scariest or most peaceful moment, when you're dead but your brain still has some activity left in it. You slowly fade to black as your brain shuts down. How long does the process take? Is it 30 seconds? 5 minutes? 20 minutes? There's nobody around who can answer these questions. Guess we'll just have to see for ourselves when the time comes...
    When we die our energy disperses into the area directly surrounding us. We stop taking in energy but we keep giving it off until we're all out. That's gotta be either the scariest or most peaceful moment, when you're dead but your brain still has some activity left in it. You slowly fade to black as your brain shuts down. How long does the process take? Is it 30 seconds? 5 minutes? 20 minutes? There's nobody around who can answer these questions. Guess we'll just have to see for ourselves when the time comes...
    When we die our energy disperses into the area directly surrounding us. We stop taking in energy but we keep giving it off until we're all out. That's gotta be either the scariest or most peaceful moment, when you're dead but your brain still has some activity left in it. You slowly fade to black as your brain shuts down. How long does the process take? Is it 30 seconds? 5 minutes? 20 minutes? There's nobody around who can answer these questions. Guess we'll just have to see for ourselves when the time comes...

12. The string theory. No matter how many times I've read that wikipedia page and watched Youtube videos on it, I still don't understand it.

Dimensions: Same deal.

And the fact that a dust particle is, in size, halfway between an Atom and the Universe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The combined length of your internal organs could wrap around the world if unraveled.

And bubbles. They freak me out when i touch them

14. Imagining you not existing.

15. What state of mind religious people are in

16. Just read an article about a girl who worked with a person that had cerebral palsy, using a controversial technique helping him to type things to communicate. He couldn't talk, failed some tests proving the validity of the method, was saying contradictory things his family knew to be true, etc.

Kicker is after a year or two, the woman who was helping him (and was married for 20 years with kids), fell in love with this guy and had sex with him multiple times, and was charged with two counts sexual assault, 10-20 years each.

The whole idea is just fucking with my mind. I don't know much about the guy, but the assumption is that he has feelings and desires. However, how can you really get consent from someone in that situation?

17. What if life is a dream and nobody is real. Now that fucks with me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Yea I often think as big as the mind can imagine and with that being said space is portrayed to be never ending. But if it never ends where does it go? There has to be something operating outside the lines of the grand spread of space. Who's responsible for all of this. Space is said to be infinite, therefore meaning there are literally infinite possibilities. If your mind can imagine it... It exists somewhere out there in the infinite. There just has to be more...

19. Marriage. an outdated concept to me. at least in the traditional sense. There's nothing wrong with 2 people devoting themselves to each other. but I think marriage is unnecessary. go ahead and celebrate your love, but too many people see marriage as some sort of milestone you have to reach. I don't buy it