Concepts that fuck with you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pufftamagicwyrm, May 22, 2012.

1. It's very interesting, isn't it? Everything ends but we are not programmed to accept that. It is the biological imperative to survive and proliferate that makes it impossible (or at least tremendously hard) for mentally healthy people to accept and embrace their own mortality.

People also find it much more terrifying to think of dying in an earth-destroying cataclysmic event that destroys everything in the galaxy than it is to think of their own death by some accident or illness. Unless there is life after death, it's all the same from the no-longer-existent-perspective of the deceased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. I can interact with the deceased in my dreams -.-

3. It's not really them. It's a manifestation of your memory of them. It's nice to believe though, at least while you're dreaming. Waking up is always bittersweet though. They were back, it was like they never left, but then you're thrust back into the reality that they're gone and never coming back. It was all just a dream. Reality hurts.
    It's not really them. It's a manifestation of your memory of them. It's nice to believe though, at least while you're dreaming. Waking up is always bittersweet though. They were back, it was like they never left, but then you're thrust back into the reality that they're gone and never coming back. It was all just a dream. Reality hurts.

4. infinity.
    and especially how or if there was a beginning or not. how could there not be some sort of beginning to everything?

What happens if expansion overcomes gravity and everyone dies in that moment when the 4 forces combine into one super-force again?

Does everyone still have an afterlife? Mind that there is no existence anymore, there are no such things as carbon atoms, you do not exist at all. 

6. #4446 roorforcrumble, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    I can conceive of nothingness, it is not difficult. There is nothing there, not even space itself. Nothing but a point of matter so dense who even knows what sort of crazy physics goes on before expansion. 

Sort of makes me wonder if the big bang is right, or maybe there really are that many dimensions? Because all logic says huge mass should turn into black hole. But we know it didn't because we are here, so the universe must exist within something else. At that point, where it is an infinitely dense point, the physics change and how can that be possible without the universe being a self contained system within some space?

7. That is not truly nothing though. If it really were nothingness there would not even be that point of dense matter. There would not be anything. No time, no space. Nothing would exist, nothing would ever have existed, and nothing ever could exist.

Existence fucks with me. Why does everything exist? It seems like it's just as likely that nothing would have existed but yet here we are...
    That is not truly nothing though. If it really were nothingness there would not even be that point of dense matter. There would not be anything. No time, no space. Nothing would exist, nothing would ever have existed, and nothing ever could exist.

Existence fucks with me. Why does everything exist? It seems like it's just as likely that nothing would have existed but yet here we are...

It is nothing, there is no existence until the 4 forces split. You don't get it, there is no such thing as being able to exist for you or me, matter, or space. How can matter exist without space? This is where mathematics come in and I ask you, what defines a subspace?

9. I don't think you get what nothing is. Something does not come from nothing. Existence does not spring from non-existence. An infinitely dense point of matter exists. Therfore it is not nothing. If it were nothing then it wouldn't exist and nothing could ever come from it.

Nothing doesn't exist. Something exists. Anything exists. Everything exists.
    I don't think you get what nothing is. Something does not come from nothing. Existence does not spring from non-existence. An infinitely dense point of matter exists. Therfore it is not nothing. If it were nothing then it wouldn't exist and nothing could ever come from it.

Nothing doesn't exist. Something exists. Anything exists. Everything exists.

LMAO. Okay then, bye. 

11. Okay, keep your mind closed. That way you can always be right.

12. How lucky people are that murder is illegal

13. Any kind of consistency or permanence of the self. As in, over the span of time, what makes you still you?
    Think of yourself as a baby and now, you are still the same organism, the same being... Right?
    Well, what makes that so? Your cells are constantly dying and replacing themselves, so over some years (I'm unsure of the exact time) none of your cells are the same cells that you once had.
    Personality can change drastically as well, new life experiences can change the way you think about the world, and how you interact with people around you. Chances are (at least I would hope) your personality is different than it was when you were a teenager.
    Your job changes, friends and lovers come and go, you discover new hobbies/interests and leave others behind, hell, even food you once detested can become delicious!
    Over the years, as you age, grow, and develop as a person... Are you even the same individual you used to be?

14. I've been wondering more and more about this lately as I get older and older. I've started to realize how my childhood, my memories, my experiences..more and more of them disappear over time. and more and more people who shared those things with me, disappear to, or they no longer remember either. it's like.. huge chapters of my life are just gone forever. they no longer exist in any form in the universe. it's like it never happened. all that exists is this moment right now.

15. Exactly! I've been trying to keep my head in the present and out of the troubles of my past.
    Also, human memory is so unreliable, even things that you might be super sure happened may not have occured in the way you remember. It's crazy to consider that some memories could be straight fiction.

16. #4456 zouroff, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
    : If everything is something wouldn't that mean that nothing is something. So Nothing is everything.

17. No, because nothing doesn't exist. It's not real. Everything is something but nothing is not part of everything. It's not a thing.
    No, because nothing doesn't exist. It's not real. Everything is something but nothing is not part of everything. It's not a thing.

18. I always wonder what my thoughts would be like if I had never learned a language. I think in English but what would I think about without it?

19. #4459 zouroff, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
    are bodies and universe is made up of atoms and atoms are 99% empty space which is nothing. So we are made up of nothing. With a little bit of something. Every thing is something with mostly nothing. So nothing is a part of everything, and everything is mostly nothing

20. Nothing doesn't exist. That space isn't anything. We are made up of atoms and molecules. They do not fill all the space, but that does not mean the space is anything but empty space, which is not a thing at all.
    Nothing doesn't exist. That space isn't anything. We are made up of atoms and molecules. They do not fill all the space, but that does not mean the space is anything but empty space, which is not a thing at all.