Concepts that fuck with you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pufftamagicwyrm, May 22, 2012.

1. God!

I grew up in a religious cult and though I don't subscribe to any religion, I don't know what to make of God. If he exists I want to give him thanks but the atheist in me says Santa Claus is nicer

God. I almost wish to subscribe to deism, but I don't know. Idk idk idk and in terrified of getting it wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sometimes when someone walks past me in the street I think, to me, I am the centre of the universe, and it's the same to that guy. And to him I'm just some extra in the background that he'll have forgotten about after a few seconds. Trippy how everyone has their shit going on and other peoples lives, the vast majority of whom you'll never even see, are just as detailed and meaningful to them as yours is to you.

3. Whoevers controlling my character isn't taking it seriously. Probably just came home from school bored and had nothing better to do than fuck around on sims. Did I write that, or did he? Hmmm

4. Yeah when I think about it I wonder how such a young brain doesn't get the 2 confused with each other and start talking spanglish

5. Kinda does, don't know if it qualifies as "poisonous" but...

http://youtu.be/VnAhAX98HY4

6. I'll tell you what I find amazing, it's the fact that our brain controls everything we do. The thing that is amazing is that it happens so quick like right now I'm typing intentionally but like the brain controls it idk it's hard to explain but do you lot get me?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. The tiny plothole in dragon ball z. When nappa and vegeta were on earth, nappa got extremely angry and suddenly got super fast and strong. Nobody wouldve known because he was bald, vegeta didnt have his scouter on and goku did say he got stronger.

Not really a concept. But the episode was just on and I overthought it

8. Did you know that the incas measured time by how long it took to cook a potato?

9. Maybe there is something out there that doesnt want us destroying ourselves

10. Every single face you've ever seen during your life gets stored into your memories, and gets used up later. For example, in dreams your brain can't just make up a face. Every single face you've seen in your dream, you've seen somewhere once in your life.

11. Never knew that ;)

12. Forever goes both ways

13. #4413 Shiggsy, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    There's this theory called Lorentz time-dilation theory where it states that if you were to travel at the speed of light then time would freeze. Obviously traveling that fast is impossible, but if you travel 99% the speed of light, which is technically possible, it'd be almost the same effect. With that being said, if we achieve that one day then we could literally utilize the whole universe...A person could explore the known universe in 1 lifetime...I think that is fuckin' wild

14. But by the time he was done exploring everyone he'd ever known would be dead, as would several generations of their descendants. Time would slow to almost nothing for the traveler but the rest of the universe would keep experiencing time at the same rate it always does.
    But by the time he was done exploring everyone he'd ever known would be dead, as would several generations of their descendants. Time would slow to almost nothing for the traveler but the rest of the universe would keep experiencing time at the same rate it always does.

15. *-* wtf
    ~feed your head~

16. #4416 IDTENT, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015

There are some interesting documentaries about chimpanzee language. They use different types of shouts to warn their group of the different types of predators and threats in their environment, and these could be considered words. They react differently to each shout, so they appear to understand the meaning of them. We might have acquired/developed our own language in a similar way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFBbFcixRY

17. You can truly never know how someone perceives your physical appearance and general self image. I look different in every mirror, and photos are never completely accurate.

18. Social cohesion, when it works but mostly when it fails working.

19. Drugs' effects to our physical, emotional, and rationalizations.

Oh, and David Icke and his crazy reptilian ideas ... Wtf

How what we see may be controlled by chemicals in our brain, kind of like an everlasting trip or dream.

20. I saw the last 45 minutes of interstellar. I should watch the whole thing. It's kind of a mindfuck.
    I saw the last 45 minutes of interstellar. I should watch the whole thing. It's kind of a mindfuck.