Concentrates

Discussion in 'General' started by POWskier, Dec 20, 2012.

1. My friend has recently been talking about how bad hash oil can be health wise and says that I shouldn't smoke it unless I have CO2 oil. Now I am thinking why the hell man? He then tells me about one of his friend that collapsed a lung from dabbing. He then also talks about how there are some really carcinogenic chemicals within the coating of the bho cans, or what ever extracts may be used, which can still reside in the finished product even after proper purging.

What are your guys's opinions on hash concentrates to the safety of the consumer?

2. Im aware there are people who dab daily, multiple times a day. Im almost certain its not a health risk

3. Properly purged concentrates are probably more healthy than smoking weed, no burning plant matter and you inhale way less smoke when dabbing or smoking hash

4. Aren't concentrated relatively new? We don't really know the long-term effects of them..

5. Yeah, but it comes down to trusting that your dealer knows what he is doing. My bet is there are quite a few people dabbing poorly purged bho and the only real way to know if it is purged properly is testing it in a lab.

6. Thats a good point and one I have been thinking about. I was reading about how this one edible company refuses to use hash oil because they say that if it is purged improperly it is a health hazard and we are not totally sure of the longterm consequences.

7. Yeah I stay away from bho/waxes but I love some good ole hash, no sketchy solvents to make it